Dragon Quest IX has topped the Japanese software chart for the second week running, according to the latest Media Create sales figures.
The game sold 613,000 units during its second week on sale; significantly less than the massive 2.3 million units that it managed upon its release last week, but still enough to keep it above the second highest selling game, new entry Pro Takyuu Spirits 6 at 74,000 units.
While the latter enters the chart at number two, the PlayStation 2 version of the same game also débuts at number five, having sold 50,000 copies. Wii Sports Resort slips one place from last week to number three, and Tomodachi Collection on DS also drop one spot to number four.
PlayStation Portable game Ys I & II Chronicles is another new chart entry and débuts in the number six position. Three other PSP games also made it into the chart, including Monster Hunter Portable 2G Best and Pokemon Platinum, which sold 11,000 and 9000 copies.
Wii Fit, Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days and Sloane & MacHale's Mysterious Story all dropped out of the top ten this week, to numbers 11, 12 and 12 respectively.
The full Japanese all-formats software chart for July 13-19 follows:
- 01 Dragon Quest IX: Defenders of the Starry Sky (NDS)
- 02 Pro Yakyuu Spirits 6 (PS3)
- 03 Wii Sports Resort 10 (Wii)
- 04 Tomodachi Collection (Friend Collection) (NDS)
- 05 Pro Yakyuu Spirits 6 (PS2)
- 06 Ys I and II Chronicles (PSP)
- 07 Boku no Natsuyasumi 4 (My Summer Vacation 4): Youth Detective Group in Seto - Me and the Secret Map (PSP)
- 08 Hatsune Miku Project Diva (PSP)
- 09 Monster Hunter Portable 2 G Best (PSP)
- 10 Pokemon Platinum (NDS)