Dragon Quest IX has reclaimed the top of the Japanese all-formats software chart with sales exceeding 127,000.
Meanwhile, Nintendo's Wii Sports Resort has gained three places in the chart to number three, with 105,000 sales - an increase of 44 per cent on the previous week.
The latest Media Create chart, for the week ending August 16, also puts Tomodachi Collection at number two - up from number five last week - with sales of 126,000.
Wii title Monster Hunter Tri dropped two places to number four following a sales drop of 32 per cent, and the top five was rounded off by last week's best selling game, SD Gundam G Generation Wars on PS2, which slipped to number five with sales of 57,000, a drop of 67 per cent on last week.
The top ten saw three new additions for the week, from Puyo Puyo 7, Monster Hunter Portable 2G, which re-entered the top ten, and Penguin no Mondai X.
Nintendo's Color Changing Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love remained at number nine for a second week, despite sales dropping to 18,000, and Namco Bandai PSP title Tales of Versus dropped two places to number six.
The full Media Create Japanese software chart for the week August 10-16 is as follows:
- 01 Dragon Quest IX: Defenders of the Starry Sky (DS)
- 02 Tomodachi Collection (Friend Collection) (DS)
- 03 Wii Sports Resort (Wii)
- 04 Monster Hunter 3 (Wii)
- 05 SD Gundam G Generation Wars (PS2)
- 06 Tales of Versus (PSP)
- 07 Puyo Puyo 7 (DS)
- 08 Monster Hunter Portable 2 G (PSP)
- 09 Color Changing Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love (DS)
- 10 Penguin no Mondai X: Tenkuu no 7 Senshi (DS)