The International Game Developers Association has announced a new-look board line-up with the election of three new members and a new chairperson in Bob Bates.
Bates has worked in the industry since the mid-Eighties and co-founded Legend Entertainment, before its sale to Atari, and has previously served as both chairperson and secretary for the organisation.
The three new members elected are Gordon Bellamy from Image Metrics, Tim Langdell from National University and former GDC executive director Jamil Moledina, now outreach director at EA Partners.
The full board member list is as follows:
- Bob Bates (Chair) - Independent Game Designer
- Gordon Bellamy - Business Development, Image Metrics
- Brenda Brathwaite - Independent Game Designer / Professor+Chair, Savannah College of Art and Design
- Tom Buscaglia - The Game Attorney
- Mark DeLoura - Videogame Technical Consultant
- Tim Langdell - Independent Game Designer & Developer / Lead Game Professor, National University
- Jennifer MacLean (Chair Emeritus) - Senior Vice President, Business Development, 38 Studios
- Jamil Moledina - Outreach Director, EA Partners, Electronic Arts
- Tobi Saulnier (Treasurer) - CEO, 1st Playable Productions
- Coray Seifert (Secretary) - Associate Producer, Kaos Studios|THQ
- Tim Train - Studio General Manager, Big Huge Games|THQ