The GamesIndustry.biz editorial team gathers around their mics to discuss the biggest stories of the week.
This week, the conversation returns to reports of discrimination and harassment at AAA games firms - most notably Activision Blizzard, which is facing a lawsuit from the DFEH, but also Ubisoft following the latest report of toxic elements within one of its studios.
We discuss the need for more consequences for both those directly responsible for discrimination, harassment, abuse and more, but also the companies they work for, who continue to fail to protect the rest of their staff.
During the discussion, we recommend several resources for those in the industry who need a safe space or support, as well as information for companies and recruiters that may help resolve these issues in the long term. All of these can be found below:
- RAIIN's guide to sexual harassment
- Games and Online Harassment Hotline
- Citizens' Advice Bureau
- Take This mental health resources
- Creating a diverse workforce
- Three changes to get more women into games
- How to identify and avoid unconscious bias
- How to patch out implicit bias from your hiring process
- GamesIndustry.biz Academy resources to champion women in games
You can listen to our latest episode in the player below, subscribe to our directly here. It is also available via Spotify, iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Overcast, Player FM, TuneIn and other widely-used podcast platforms.
Title music composed by Thomas Marchant. Episode mastered by Thomas Quillfeldt.