Sections
Gi Live London graphic

Connect with the UK Video Games Industry

Buy Your Tickets Today
Gi Live London graphic

MTG increases investment in InnoGames, forms new holding company

GamingCo will include MTG's entire gaming business, including Kongregate

MTG has announced it has increased its investment in German game developer InnoGames once again, and has also formed a new holding company for its entire gaming business.

The investment company purchased an initial 21% stake in InnoGames in 2016, which increased to 35% in Q1 of 2017 and again to a controlling 51% stake a few months later.

With this new increase, MTG now holds a 68% stake in InnoGames, and while the parties have cancelled MTG's option to purchase the remaining 32% of shares in the studio, it does have the option to purchase an additional 17% of InnoGames for €106 million.

Also as a part of this transaction, the companies have formed a new holding company, MTG Gaming AB, or GamingCo, which will hold all shares of InnoGames and Kongregate, as well as any future acquisitions.

MTG will hold 72% of the shares in GamingCo.

"We already have a successful long-term relationship with MTG, and we see great values in aligning even closer by building up a strong gaming group together with a clear focus on free-to-play casual and mid-core games," said Hendrik Klindworth, InnoGames CEO.

Gi Live London graphic

Connect with the UK Video Games Industry

Buy Your Tickets Today
Gi Live London graphic

More stories

Forge of Empires reaches €500m in lifetime revenue

InnoGames' strategy title brought in over €250m in the last two years

By Rebekah Valentine

What Brexit means for your recruiting efforts

InnoGames COO Michael Zillmer offers advice on securing the best talent amid uncertainty in the UK

By Michael Zillmer

Latest comments

Sign in to contribute

Need an account? Register now.