The results of this year's Develop:Star Awards are in, with Remedy's Control and Media Molecule's Dreams emerging as the big winners.
Each title took home three accolades. The PlayStation-exclusive Dreams won Game of the Year, Best Innovation and Best Game Design in the industry-voted awards ceremony, which runs alongside the Develop:Brighton conference.
Meanwhile, Remedy's sci-fi action game won Best Visual Art, Best Narrative and Best Original IP.
Mediatonic, the UK studio behind the hit multiplayer game Fall Guys, was named Best Studio, with 80 Days and Pendragon developer Inkle awarded Best Micro Studio.
As previously announced, the most prestigious award of the night -- the Develop Star Award -- was given to Bethesda director, designer, and producer Todd Howard.
We spoke to Howard last week, when he told us the next generation will be all about access, and hosted the Develop:Brighton keynote exploring his career, as well as a few hints on the future of Starfield and The Elder Scrolls 6. You can read the highlights here.
Below is a full list of the Develop:Brighton 2020 winners:
- Best Visual Art: Control (Remedy Entertainment, 505 Games)
- Best Game Design: Dreams (Media Molecule, Sony Interactive Entertainment)
- Best Audio: Sayonara Wild Hearts (Simogo, Annapurna Interactive)
- Best Narrative: Control (Remedy Entertainment, 505 Games)
- Best QA & Localisation Provider: Testronic
- Best Creative Provider: SIDE UK
- Best Innovation: Dreams (Media Molecule, Sony Interactive Entertainment)
- Recruitment Star: Amiqus Recruitment
- Diversity Star: Shay Thompson (Level Up Link Up)
- Best Technology Provider: Unreal Engine
- Best Original IP: Control (Remedy Entertainment, 505 Games)
- Publishing Star: Team17
- Best Mobile Game: What The Golf? (Triband)
- Game of the Year: Dreams (Media Molecule, Sony Interactive Entertainment)
- Best Micro Studio: Inkle
- Best Studio: Mediatonic
- The Develop Star Award: Todd Howard
This year's awards were hosted online, but organiser Tandem Events is confident they will return to the Hilton Brighton Metropole for Develop:Brighton 2021 on from Tuesday, July 12 to Thursday, July 15.
GamesIndustry.biz is a media partner of Develop:Brighton