Today during its Xbox Games Showcase, Microsoft showed or teased a total of 21 games from nine of its internal studios and 11 third-party studios that are planned for release on the Xbox Series X in the coming months and years.
The showcase led with the first look at gameplay for Halo Infinite, which is still planned for launch around holiday 2020 as a launch title for the Xbox Series X, and closed with a tease for Fable -- which does not yet have a release date.
Other Xbox Games Studios showing off their work included Undead Labs with State of Decay 3, Turn 10 with a new, next-gen Forza Motorsport, Rare with Everwild, Moon Studios (through Xbox Games Publishing) showing an optimized Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Ninja Theory with a tease of Hellblade 2, DoubleFine showing Psychonauts 2, and Obsidian with three titles: Grounded, its RPG Avowed, and DLC for The Outer Worlds.
Among these, Microsoft also showed a number of third-party debuts, including a new trailer for Dontnod's Tell Me Why, the first look at Interior Night's project As Dusk Falls, a new trailer for Bloober Team's The Medium, and Tetris Effect Connected -- an optimized version of Tetris Effect coming this holiday with a new multiplayer mode.
Bungie was also present with Destiny 2, which is coming to Game Pass this fall. Game Pass members will be able to play the game with all DLC, and Game Pass Ultimate members will also get access to the game on mobile via Xcloud. A version of the game optimized for Xbox Series X is also coming later this year.
Of note was the fact that, while many first and third-party titles shown had splash screens that listed PC, Xbox Series X, and Xbox One, several games with later or no release dates did not include Xbox One listed. These included State of Decay 3, Forza Motorsport, As Dusk Falls, Avowed, Stalker 2, and Fable, among others.
Additionally, a pre-show included announcements for games including Hello Neighbor 2 and Balan Wonderworld -- a new 3D action-platformer from Square Enix and Sonic the Hedgehog/Nights into Dreams designer Yuji Naka.
The following is a list of everything shown during the Xbox Games Showcase today, with release windows or dates where applicable:
- Halo Infinite (343 Industries) - Holiday 2020
- State of Decay 3 (Undead Labs)
- Forza Motorsport (Turn 10)
- Everwild (Rare)
- Tell Me Why (Dontnod) - Chapter 1 coming August 27
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps optimized update (Moon Studios) - 2020
- The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon (Obsidian Entertainment) - September 9
- Grounded (Obsidian Entertainment) - July 28 early access
- Avowed (Obsidian Entertainment)
- As Dusk Falls (Interior Night)
- Hellblade 2 (Ninja Theory)
- Psychonauts 2 (DoubleFine)
- Destiny 2 optimized update (Bungie) - 2020
- Stalker 2 (GSC Game World) - 2021
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide (Fatshark) - 2021
- Tetris Effect Connected (Enhance) - Holiday 2020
- The Gunk (Thunderful Publishing)
- The Medium (Bloober Team) - Holiday 2020
- Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis (Sega) - 2021
- CrossfireX (Smilegate) - 2020
- Fable (Playground Games)