To coincide with The Game Awards this weekend, host and founder Geoff Keighley has announced an accompanying digital demo event, The Game Festival.
The Game Festival begins on Thursday at 10:00 a.m. PT (ahead of The Game Awards that night beginning at 8:30 p.m. PT) and will run through Saturday at 10:00 a.m. PT. During that time, Steam users will get access to demos of 13 unreleased titles for free, which will then be removed from Steam after the 48-hour period.
The games on offer will be:
- System Shock (Nightdive Studios)
- Eastward (Pixpil/Chucklefish)
- Spiritfarer (Thunder Lotus Games)
- Moving Out (SMG Studio/Devm Games/Team 17)
- Roki (Polygon Treehouse/United Label)
- Chicory (Greg Lobanov)
- Wooden Nickel (Brain & Brain)
- Haven (The Game Bakers)
- Heavenly Bodies (2pt Interactive)
- Acid Knife (Powerhoof)
- The Drifter (Powerhoof)
- Carion (Devolver)
- SkateBird (Glass Bottom Games)
"Let's face it: Not everyone can attend a physical trade show or consumer event," said Keighley. "The Game Festival is designed from the ground-up as an event without barriers, extending the benefits of a physical event to the global gaming community that watches The Game Awards."