Yesterday at Develop:Brighton the winners were announced for the inaugural Develop:Star Awards, with Overcooked 2 taking home Game of the Year.
Weather Factory, and Playground Games were the biggest winners among the studios, taking home three and two awards, respectively. Sumo Digital was also a standout as the winner of Best Studio, and Hello Games' Sean Murray took home The Develop Star Award.
Winners for all awards except The Develop Star Award were determined by an industry vote open to over 4,000 people who had attended Develop:Brighton across the last three years.
The winners are as follows:
- Best Visual Art: Forza Horizon 4 - Playground Games | Xbox Game Studios
- Best Narrative: Detroit: Become Human - Quantic Dream | Sony Interactive Entertainment
- Best Games Design: Cultist Simulator - Weather Factory
- Best Audio, sponsored by Dolby: Tetris Effect - Monstars & Resonair | Enhance
- Best Original IP: Two Point Hospital - Two Point Studios | Sega
- Best Innovation, sponsored by Amiqus: Cultist Simulator - Weather Factory
- Diversity Star: Kish Hirani - BAME in Games
- Best Supplier: Amazon Game Tech
- Recruitment Star: Amiqus
- Best Use of an Engine: Forza Horizon 4 - Playground Games | Xbox Game Studios
- Publishing Star, sponsored by GamesIndustry.biz: Curve Digital
- Best Mobile Game: Old School RuneScape Mobile - Jagex
- Game of the Year: Overcooked! 2 - Ghost Town Games | Team17
- Best Micro Studio, sponsored by Hi-Rez Studios: Weather Factory
- Best Studio: Sumo Digital
- The Develop Star Award: Sean Murray | Hello Games
GamesIndustry.biz is a media partner for Develop:Brighton 2019 and attended with the help of the organizers .