A Way Out picked up the Game of the Year prize at the Nordic Game Awards last week.
Hazelight Studios' game triumphed in a category in which EA DICE's Battlefield V, Fatshark's Warhammer Vermintide 2 and Supercell's Brawl Stars were also nominated.
A Way Out also won the award for Best Game Design -- it was the only game to receive two prizes at the ceremony, which was the centrepiece of the Nordic Game Conference in Malmö, Sweden last week.
A Way Out launched in April, 2018, and it went on to sell one million units after just two weeks. Hazelight's founding team also made Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons while at Starbreeze.
You can see the Nordic Game Awards nominees in this article. The full list of winners is below:
- Nordic Game of the Year winner: A Way Out by Hazelight (SE)
- Nordic Game of the Year - Small Screen winner: Holedown by Grapefrukt (SE)
- Best Art winner: Pode by Henchman & Goon (NO)
- Best Game Design winner: A Way Out by Hazelight (SE)
- Best Technology winner: HITMAN 2 by IO Interactive (DK)
- Best Audio winner: Battlefield V by EA DICE (SE)
- Best Fun for Everyone winner: Unravel 2 by Coldwood Interactive (SE)
- Best Debut winner: Planet Alpha by Planet Alpha Game Studio (DK)
GamesIndustry.biz is a media partner of the Nordic Game Conference. We attended the event with assistance from the organiser.