Today, a number of noteworthy Japanese developers including Kazutaka Kodaka and Kotaro Uchikoshi have announced the establishment of a new studio: Too Kyo Games.
Famitsu reports that the company was founded by seven experienced developers hoping to work on new IP together. As Kodaka explained, "The object of this company is to do something new, which is the creation of a new IP commonly known all over the world, and in [the] future we will make indie games by ourselves. This new company enables us to move freely towards the goal."
As part of the reveal, Too Kyo Games showed four projects the studio is working on, including one anime and three games. One of the games, an action-adventure game, carries some hints of Danganronpa and features school-age children involved in a game about death - unsurprising given over half the studio's founders have worked on Danganronpa titles. Another game, with a cyberpunk theme, will be developed in collaboration with Spike Chunsoft.
The seven founding members of Too Kyo Games are as follows:
- Kazutaka Kodaka - Director/Scenario writer
- Takumi Nakazawa - Director/Scenario writer
- Kotaro Uchikoshi - Director/Scenario writer
- Yoichi Koizumi - Novelist/Scenario writer
- Shimadoriru - Character designer/Illustrator
- Rui Komatsuzaki - Character designer/Illustrator
- Masafumi Takada - Composer/Arranger