The winners of the Gamescom Awards 2018 have been announced as the show opened in Cologne, Germany today. Eleven genre and five platform honorees were selected by the Digital Game Culture Foundation out of over 100 submissions.
Activision Blizzard takes home the most awards with honors in three categories: best action game, best add-on/DLC, and best social/online game. Microsoft's Moon Studios was awarded both best puzzle/skill game and best Xbox game for Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Nintendo and Koch Media also won two awards each.
The awards will be presented this Saturday alongside other honors such as best booth, best hardware, best of Gamescom, and the Gamescom indie award.
Awards for best in genre:
- Best Action Game Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- Best Add-on/DLC: Destiny 2: Forsaken
- Best Casual Game: Team Sonic Racing
- Best Family Game: Super Mario Party
- Best Puzzle/Skill Game: Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Best Racing Game: Forza Horizon 4
- Best Role Playing Game: Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition
- Best Simulation Game: Landwirtschafts-Simulator 19
- Best Social/Online Game: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Best Sports Game: FIFA 19
- Best Strategy Game: Total War: Three Kingdoms
Awards for best on platform:
- Best PS4 game: Spider-Man
- Best Xbox One game: Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Best Nintendo game: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Best PC Game: Anno 1800
- Best Mobile Game: Shadowgun War Games