Star Wars Battlefront has entered the Japanese charts at number one this week, selling 124,000 units on PlayStation 4. Insert your own joke about the force being strong with this one here.
The only big winner this week was Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book with all three versions, PS4, Vita and PS3 making it into the top 20. Combined week one sales of all three versions came in at 68,106 units.
- [PS4] Star Wars Battlefront - 123,908 (New entry)
- [PS4] Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book - 30,759 (New entry)
- [PSV] Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book - 25,805 (New entry)
- [PSV] Omega Labyrinth - 25,113 (New entry)
- [Wii U] Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival - 20,303 (New entry)
In hardware the PS4 benefitted from Battlefront's success, seeing a small jump in sales and staying top of the hardware charts.
- PlayStation 4 - 29,052 (Last week - 27,311)
- New 3DS XL - 28,257 (21,800)
- Wii U - 14,684 (17,921)
- PlayStation Vita - 12,258 (11,821)
- New 3DS - 5,859 (5,264)
- PlayStation 3 - 1,624 (1,751)
- 3DS - 1,012 (968)
- Xbox One - 889 (524)
- 3DS XL - 596 (561)
- PlayStation Vita TV - 583 (680)
Charts collated by Media Create and published by Gematsu.