Devolver Digital and Twitch have partnered to bring six films about gaming to the video broadcasting platform. The first will be screen today at 2.15pm PST.
"Twitch represents a new frontier for filmmakers looking to connect with an audience who is passionate about video game culture," said Twitch's Ben Goldhaber.
"Devolver Digital is the perfect example of a studio who understands the appeal of Twitch's social video format by both documenting our brand in Stream Dream and scheduling broadcasts of half a dozen gaming films on our platform."
The schedule for the film is below and marks yet another lucrative area for Twitch, which has already caught the eye of the music industry.
- January 9: Stream Dream and Winter Releases Trailer
- January 16: Pixel Poetry - A games-as-art documentary
- January 30: Angry Video Game Nerd - The movie adaptation of the popular comic web series
- February 6: Gaming in Color - LGBTQ gamer documentary
- February 13: Super Game Jam: The Movie - Game development becomes entertainment
- February 20: To be announced
All the films will also be made available on video on demand services.