If you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Read our editorial policy.

AGTech, One97 Communications invest in joint mobile gaming venture

$16 million investment will fuel Gamepind's mobile gaming focus in India

Lottery and gaming technology firm AGTech and One97 Communications Limited have invested $16 million in their joint mobile gaming venture, Gamepind, to help fuel the service's expansion in India.

Gamepind is a joint mobile gaming venture between the two companies that offers a range of social, casual, and lottery-based mobile games through One97 Communications' Paytm app. One97 owns a 55% stake in Gamepind, with AGTech holding the remaining 45%.

That expansion will be overseen by the company's newly appointed COO, Sudhanshu Gupta. Gupta, who has been a part of Paytm since 2013, was one of the members of the team responsible for the app's development.

"We plan to add more gaming categories such as real money games," Gupta said in a phone interview with Livemint. "Currently a 40-member team, Gamepind plans to add another 20-25 people."

AGTech is notably owned by Alibaba, which entered the gaming industry last year itself through the formation of a new business group from the acquisition of Chinese gaming firm, Ejoy.

Tagged With

Author

Rebekah Valentine avatar

Rebekah Valentine

Senior Staff Writer

Rebekah arrived at GamesIndustry in 2018 after four years of freelance writing and editing across multiple gaming and tech sites. When she's not recreating video game foods in a real life kitchen, she's happily imagining herself as an Animal Crossing character.

More News

Latest Articles