CALABASAS, Calif. – January 15, 2009 – The Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences® (AIAS) today announced the initial speakers for the 2009 D.I.C.E. (Design, Innovate, Communicate, Entertain) Summit®. The event will be held at the Red Rock Resort in Las Vegas, February 18-20, 2009 and feature a line-up of industry leaders, visionaries and decision makers that are shaping the future of interactive entertainment.
“We are proud to have what is fast becoming the best line-up we've ever produced,” said Joseph Olin, president of the Academy. “From accomplished games industry veterans, who will share their insight on the market and future potential of our industry, to the creative forces behind some of the greatest entertainment properties of the last 50 years, creativity and vision will be the topics on everyone’s mind at D.I.C.E. this year.”
The incomparable line-up includes Jun Takeuchi, who is the producer of the most anticipated game of 2009, Harrison Ellenshaw, Academy Award nominated artist, Ralph Osterhaut, a serial inventor who has worked with the Defense Department, and David Perry a game designer who has sold over 1 billion dollars of games, among many other accomplished individuals:
• Chris Cao, Sony Online Entertainment Austin – lead designer on Sony Online’s upcoming DC Universe MMO game.
• Michael Denny, SVP Sony Corp. EU – responsible for the direction of innovative titles for Sony including LittleBigPlanet and Buzz.
• Harrison Ellenshaw, Disney/ILM/LucasFilm – Academy Award nominated artist from the film and animation industries, working on Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Dick Tracey, among others.
• Anita Frazier, NPD Research – lead research analyst covering retail sales in the games industry.
• Lars Gustavsson, Creative Director D.I.C.E. Studios/EA – creative director on EA’s multi-million selling Battlefield franchise.
• Michael Haigh, Director London Studios, SCE Worldwide Studios - catapulted social gaming into the mainstream with Sing Star, pivotal in the development of EyeToy.
• Todd Howard, Bethesda Studios – lead designer of the current top-10 selling Fallout 3.
• Alex Laurent, LucasArts/ILM – visual effects visionary that has transitioned from the film to games industry.
• Ralph Osterhout, Serial Inventor – former defense contractor and legendary toy designer.
• David Perry, CCO and Co-Founder Acclaim Entertainment – game designer on multiple MMOs as well as licensed and original IPs ranging from the Matrix to Earthworm Jim, with his games selling over 1 billion dollars retail
• J. Paul Raines, COO Gamestop - formerly Executive VP for Home Depot.
• John Riccitiello, CEO Electronic Arts- co-founder Elevation Partners, former President of Sara Lee Corporation.
• Bruce Shelley, Ensemble Studios – 2009 D.I.C.E. Hall of Fame inductee and designer of some of the top selling strategy games of all time including Age of Empires and the upcoming Halo Wars.
• Jun Takeuchi, Capcom – producer and game director on best-sellers including Lost Planet and Resident Evil 5.
There will also be two powerhouse panel discussions, the first moderated by Julianne Greer from The Escapist, and features Rich Hilleman, CCO, Electronic Arts, Chris Taylor, Creative Director, Gas Powered Games, Mona Hamilton, VP Marketing, Capcom and Dan Bilson, SVP Creative Director, THQ.
The second panel closes out the conference and will be moderated by Ted Price, President & CEO, Insomniac Games, and features N’Gai Croal (Newsweek), Mike Snider (USA Today), Geoff Keighley (Spike TV) and Seth Schiesel, (New York Times). More speakers will be announced in the upcoming weeks.
The D.I.C.E. Summit 2009 will also play host to the 12th annual Interactive Achievement Awards® ceremony on February 19, where industry leaders and members pay tribute and recognize the individuals and products that contribute to the growth of the interactive entertainment software business. Comedian, actor and proud game enthusiast, Jay Mohr will return for his fourth year to host the award festivities.
For more information and registration: www.dicesummit.org
# # #
Wendy Zaas / Debby Chen
Rogers & Cowan
310-854-8148 / 310-854-8168
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Geri Gordon Miller
Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences