Area/Code games highlight the connections between the interactive systems and imaginary landscapes inside of games and the real world around them. These connections can take many forms:
- Facebook games that create innovative new forms of social interaction
- online games that respond to broadcast TV in real time
- game systems that explore real-world social issues
- urban environments transformed into spaces for public play
- game events driven by real-world data
Area/Code works with game publishers like Electronic Arts and Ubisoft. We also work with advertising agencies, media firms, non-profit organizations, universities, and large consumer brands. Clients include: Nike, Disney, CBS, Nokia, MTV, The Discovery Channel, A&E, The History Channel, JWT, Cramer-Krasselt, Deutsch, SS+K, the National Association of Public Administration, the UK Department for Transport, and the Knight Foundation.
Projects have been awarded at the Clios, the One Show, OMMA and the Future of Marketing Summit. Area/code and its work have been covered in the Wall Street Journal, Creativity, The New York Times, Businessweek, The Chicago Tribune, MTV, Ad Age, and some of our favourite blogs including Joystiq, Kotaku, boingboing and PSFK.
The company was founded in early 2005 by Frank Lantz and Kevin Slavin.
- 45 West 21st Street, 3rd Floor
- New York
- New York
- United States
area/code has 3 employees registered on the GamesIndustry.biz network. Register or login to see them!