||Zoë Mode makes simple, social games that are effortlessly fun but don’t take themselves too seriously. Based in Brighton, Zoë Mode’s diverse workforce is unified by its attitude to games.
Zoë Mode believes that games are a powerful way of bringing people together; that there is more to life than games, but that games can make life better. Zoë Mode strongly believes that there is a game for everyone.
The ideal candidate will have experience using C++, Visual Studio .NET or similar, good experience of general game development practices, and experience using version control software such as Perforce.
Main duties will include developing specific systems as assigned by the Lead Programmer, maintaining existing systems, and working with Art, Design and Audio personnel.
- Key game systems architecture design and implementation.
- Systems requirements capture, analysis, design, implementation and testing.
- Programming mainly using C++.
- Maintenance of existing systems.
- Involvement in all aspects of software development through the game development cycle, supporting lead programmer.
- Supporting less experienced programmers and providing guidance on implementation and coding standards.
- Exceptional C++ programming expertise.
- Shipped several commercial games.
- Significant console experience.
- Experience using Visual Studio .net or similar.
- Strong experience of game development practices and technology development across current and next-generation platforms.
- Highly competent using version control software, Perforce or similar.
- Experience of multi-platform game/engine development.
- Ability to accurately estimate work requirements for other programmers.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Strong verbal communicator.
- Strong written communicator.
- Ability to work without support and make key decisions on the best way to implement systems taking into account the brief, schedule and budgetary limitations.
- Experience using agile methodology Scrum or similar.
- Experience in getting titles through Locheck, TCR and TRC’s.
- Experience of User Interface development.
- Strong math skills.
- Audio and/or Video programming experience.
- Experience of network programming.
- Highly motivated.
- A pro-active team member with good communication skills, positive attitude and the ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Highly organised working style facilitating easy collaboration and sharing of work with other staff.
- Ability to quickly pick up new skills and working methods.
- Understand the core business reasons behind the project and balance these against their own personal motivations.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to take ownership of aspects of a project.
- Proven ability to self-motivate, manage time and estimate tasks.
- Able to multi-task, adapt to changes and work in an agile environment.
Duration: 7 Month Contract
(Available from Dec 2013)