Narrative Director Tom Clancy’s The Division™
|Job Title||Narrative Director Tom Clancy’s The Division™|
|Job Category||Game Design|
|Skills Required||Game Design|
|Job Description||Massive is an award winning studio working on high profile games and online technology used by the entire Ubisoft group. With our tech and engineering prowess in high demand, our studio continues to grow. Looking for a great job creating games? Massive Entertainment is looking for a dedicated Narrative Director to join its rapidly growing Tom Clancy’s The Division™.
About the position
You will mainly work together with the Game Director in creating and fleshing out the lore and background for the game world, but there will be plenty of other challenges as well, including scenario creation and dialogue writing.
* Work in close collaboration with the content design team
* Create a rich lore and background
* Come up with compelling characters and take part in the actor casting
* Devise clever scenarios, laying out the ground work for writers
* Write engaging and plausible dialogue
* Maintain and safeguard the narrative during development, together with the Game Director
* Become the project’s point of contact for writing regarding technical implementation and IP cohesion.
You as a candidate
Did you read through the entire Codex in Mass Effect 2? Do you have an encyclopedic knowledge of WW2 half-tracks? Did you always feel that Middle-Earth was not fleshed out enough? Do you enjoy creating worlds of your own in which to place your stories? Do you write every day? Do you devour narratives of all kinds like a body-builder devours protein? Do you play games for their stories? Did you cry when Bambi's mother died?
If you answer yes to at least a few of the questions above then this position might be for you. It goes without saying that you hold a deep passion for the English language, and that your use and command of it reflects that love. Furthermore we assume that you are a sociable person who has no trouble clearly conveying your ideas and thoughts to others, and that you give and receive feedback with equal candor. You also understand that deadlines are just that.
In return we offer you a fun and creative environment in which to explore, evolve and refine your craft, and the opportunity to work with a whole bunch of passionate professionals who want nothing more than to create the best games in the world. Not to mention a project whose size and ambition defies understanding.
Required Skills and Experience
* An impeccable command of the English language
* A passionate love of all things story and lore
* An excellent grasp of the RPG genre
* An excellent understanding of game narration and writing in AAA titles for several years
* A good understanding of general narrative principles and the complexities of telling a story in an interactive medium
* Good communication skills
Additional Bonus Skills
* Experience writing for games
* Experience gained from other creative ventures (film, television, literature, etc.)
* Experience of using different writing tools, such as Final Draft
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in a meritocratic environment with friendly atmosphere and some of the best craftsmen of the industry! On top of that we have great support from Ubisoft and uncompromising commitment to remain a top quality AAA development studio. Are you up for it? It’s time to come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment, a fully owned Ubisoft Entertainment studio, is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and has more than 250 passionate game developers working on several major titles of different genres. We take pride in our games and so far we have had great success with best selling games like World in Conflict, Assassin’s Creed Revelations and Far Cry 3. These titles have positioned the company as one of the most prominent development studios in the world.
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Ubisoft International using their internal reference .|
|Apply for this job|