Ubisoft Barcelona - Engine Programmer
|Job Title||Ubisoft Barcelona - Engine Programmer|
|Skills Required||Graphics / Engine|
|Job Description||Ubisoft Barcelona is seeking passionate talent from all fields to expand its casual games development team.
We are currently looking to recruit an Engine Programmer to work on our next generation engine and associated for new casual projects for the next generation of consoles.
Job Description – the Engine programmer:
- Works autonomously on tasks assigned by the Lead Engine Programmer.
- Designs and implements solutions based on the different needs of the project.
- Develops algorithms, techniques and processes to expand the engine functionalities
- Supports different users on the operation of the engine and the editor.
- Produces efficient code and participates in architecture and code reviews.
- Writes portable code
- Identifies missing details in feature requests and breaks tasks down into modules that can be implemented and tested.
- Is able to choose the most efficient algorithms and data structures for the task at hand (keeping constraints and performance in mind).
- Writes and maintains proper documentation for the programming team as well as other job families.
What we require:
- Experience in gaming industry, with at least 3+ years as engine programmer on PS3 & X360 or PC
- Strong knowledge of C++, and solid understanding of meta programming techniques
- Understanding of streaming file systems, high-level graphics knowledge using Direct3D or OpenGL. Strong knowledge in 3D math.
- Understanding of online and networking concepts a plus
- Experience with large engines and complex pipelines, profiling & optimization.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Passion for the making and playing of any type of games.
- Autonomous and proactive attitude.
- Problem-solving and open mind.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
Part of Ubisoft’s international network of studios, Ubisoft Barcelona has developed a strong expertise in Console gaming, shipping titles in a large variety of genres and platforms. The studio offers a friendly international working environment where knowledge sharing, innovation and creativity are highly valued.
Located in one of southern Europe’s most exciting, and sunniest, cities, it offers a high quality of life to people from all walks of life, rich in cultural and social events. If you are interested in joining us, please send your CV to email@example.com, with your name and the job position in the subject line.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher, and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified lineup of products and partnerships. With 26 different creative studios, working hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams, it is known for brands such as Assassin’s Creed®, Splinter Cell®, Prince of Persia®, Rayman®, Just Dance® and the Raving Rabbids®. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Ubisoft International using their internal reference .|
|Apply for this job|