Gameplay Programmer - Ubisoft Barcelona
|Job Title||Gameplay Programmer - Ubisoft Barcelona|
|Job Description||Ubisoft Barcelona is seeking passionate talent from all fields to expand its casual games development team.
We are currently looking to recruit a Gameplay Programmer to work on our new casual projects for the next generation of consoles.
Job Description – The Gameplay Programmer:
- Works on tasks assigned by Lead Gameplay Programmer
- Collaborates with designers to define (or improve) features and interactions between player and game
- Keeps player comfort into account when making implementation decisions
- Creates latency-free, reactive interactions
- Prototypes features and carries out iterative playtests
- Uses metrics to detect regressions in gameplay that harm the game feel
- Studies game and level designs, and gives feedback on feasibility
- Identifies missing details in feature requests and breaks down the tasks into modules that can be implemented and tested.
- Produces efficient code and participates in architecture and code reviews.
- Writes portable code.
- Solves bugs and issues
What we require:
- Experience in gaming industry, with at least 2 years as Gameplay Programmer or similar position.
- Strong knowledge of C++, and solid understanding of meta programming techniques. Knowledge of at least one scripting language.
- Motion gaming and image-based gaming experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Passion for creating and playing many game genres.
- Autonomous and proactive attitude.
- Problem-solving and open mind.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
Part of Ubisoft’s international network of studios, Ubisoft Barcelona has developed a strong expertise in Console gaming, shipping titles in a large variety of genres and platforms. The studio offers a friendly international working environment where knowledge sharing, innovation and creativity are highly valued.
Located in one of southern Europe’s most exciting, and sunniest, cities, it offers a high quality of life to people from all walks of life, rich in cultural and social events.
If you are interested in joining us, please send your CV to email@example.com, with your name and the job position in the subject line.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher, and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified lineup of products and partnerships. With 26 different creative studios, working hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams, it is known for brands such as Assassin’s Creed®, Splinter Cell®, Prince of Persia®, Rayman®, Just Dance® and the Raving Rabbids®.
To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Ubisoft International using their internal reference .|
|Apply for this job|