||As a Visual Effects / Lighting Artist, your role will be critical in boosting the overall appeal of the game's visuals.
Your role will include, but is not limited to; working with concept artists, animators, modellers, sound engineers, software engineers, designers and technical artists in the design and development of the game's visual effects.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the game's visual effects are of an exceptional visual quality, meeting all the technical and design requirements.
You will work in collaboration with the rest of the game team to create the highest quality visual effects within technical and time constraints. You will also be a positive contributor, and spokesperson for visual effects in group discussions.
- Work with Lead Digital Artist to develop the visual style for the visual effects.
- Create and implement the visual effects in the game.
- Promote visual effects usage in the game, be proactive in suggesting where effects can be used.
- Assist in the development of any visual effects pipelines that are optimized for various platforms.
- Collaborate with 3D modellers in implementing various effects required for their models.
- Assist UI artists with visual effects, providing suggestions for where effects can boost the visual appeal of UI elements.
- Coordinate with the character animators on where visual effects are required in their animations, and how they should be implemented.
- Work with engineers to implement various visual effect related tech.
- Document your processes and workflows, identifying tools and techniques.
- Research various techniques and processes to improve various effects.
- Occasionally report visual effects progress to the art team, executive staff and other external parties
Qualifications & Skills:
- Experienced VFX artist with 3 years of professional experience and 1 shipped game title as a VFX artist or similar.
- Experience with Unity particle systems or similar engine-specific tools.
- Strong art background in fields such as TV/film VFX, 3D modelling or similar.
- Proficient with Photoshop or similar applications.
- Good understanding of 3D applications, such as Maya (preferred) or 3ds Max.
- Demonstration of artistic skills in portfolio (online preferred).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to verbalize artistic vision.
- Strong interest in working in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Self-motivated, always striving to create great quality visual effects.
An exceptional candidate will also have these qualities:
- Some scripting knowledge.
- Experience working with shaders.
- Some experience with character or prop 3D animation.
- Some experience with generating particles in 3D applications, such as Max or Maya.
- Experience with children's media or cartoon style products.