This role requires a highly motivated, proactive and ambitious individual with strong experience within the games testing industry. Proven team management and leadership skills, good organisational and communication skills should be combined with the ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines. A “hands on”, flexible attitude is a must.
Main purpose of the role:
- Manage the Day shift Localisation QA (LQA) Coordination testing team and their personal development.
- Work in conjunction with the Operations Manager to ensure testing resource requirements are understood and scheduled in order to execute client testing needs.
- Establish clear, open and very responsive communication with the Head of Localisation.
- Manage the Day shift LQA Project Coordination team and set their performance and personal development targets; ensure the Day shift department LQA team’s annual appraisals take place.
- Monitor/approve timekeeping and overtime in existing Testronic business systems for the Project Coordination team.
- Monitor/approve departmental holiday following strategy guide.
- Take ownership of the scheduling of all LQA work; work closely with and ensure the Operations Manager is aware of all test resourcing requirements; escalate to the Operations Manager any maintenance related issues concerning scheduling / Availability business systems.
- Act as an escalation point of contact for Day shift clients.
- Ensure deadlines are met and quality is up to industry, client and Testronic standards.
- In conjunction with the LQA Project Coordinators, ensure all required client assets and information are received; ensure that personnel and equipment resourcing needs are relayed to the Operations Manager for scheduling and planning purposes.
- Support the Head of Localisation regarding tracking clients budgeting and invoicing within existing Testronic business systems.
- Work in Conjunction with the Operations Manager to indentify low staff utilisation periods and ensure training sessions / workshops are organised for the LQA team.
- Ensure all LQA Project Coordinators provide End of Project Performance feedback to their teams in a timely fashion.
- Ensure End of Project Performance feedback is thoroughly evaluated and targeted training sessions/workshops are organised for the LQA team.
- Liaise with the Head of Localisation on project status and produce reports when requested.
- Support the Head of Localisation to ensure that load forecasts are updated on a weekly basis.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of the departmental LQA testing procedures.
- Provide training to newly appointed Project Coordinators.
- Back-up for the creation of LQA and Translation quotes.
- Work in conjunction with the Operations Manager and/or the Polish FQA/CQA teams to update the testing processes and documentation when necessary (i.e. introduction of new platforms, guidelines etc.).
- Respect and implement departmental rules and ensure your LQA Project Coordinators do the same.
- Occasional - Attend conference calls with the client contacts.
- Occasional - Attend Game Sales and Operations alignment call.
- Organise interviews when applicable.
- Adhere to the company Security and Health & Safety procedures.
- Adhere to the company IT procedures.
- Proven experience in a Games testing environment as a Supervisor or equivalent.
- Use of standard business software applications.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft suite, particularly Excel.
- Clear communications skills (verbal and written).
- Proven capabilities of leading large teams. Capable of motivating and resolving conflict with staff.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Proven decision making ability under pressure.
- Strong general interest in the Video games industry.
- Must be willing to commit to long and anti-social hours (possibility of shift work).