||Gobo was founded as a boutique developer with the premise to GO Beyond Ordinary. So far we have been lucky enough to work with some amazing development teams and help augment their teams with our hugely talented people here at Gobo. We've been trusted with responsibility for full development of headline features by our partners - we're proud that our partners can see and trust our total devotion to quality and excellence.
Recently Gobo supported Avalanche Software, based in Salt Lake City USA, on Disney Infinity - a major new toy-and-video-game hybrid platform from Disney Interactive which launched in August 2013. We were responsible for the Pirates of the Caribbean play set which is one of the three launch playsets for the platform - a major, headline, front-of-box feature.
We’re now looking for an experienced Producer to join the team on a world renowned licensed game, which is being developed for consoles. The Producer will have overall responsibility for one of more sub-areas of the game’s production; ensuring their area(s) delivers quality, on time and on budget. He/she will be charged with planning, organizing, scheduling and monitoring these areas; and facilitating regular meetings and inter-team communication.
The Producer might come from: a traditional games background; a project management background; or a software engineering project management background. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the team in the development of a high-quality product, on time and to budget.
- Assist the management of one or more sub-teams, supporting staff supervision and performance monitoring processes; supporting the monitoring of team members’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Development and on-going monitoring of the organization, execution and control of project activities within one or more sub-areas of development.
- Prepare and monitor development schedules and see them through their successful conclusion.
- Maintain effective communications with all team members.
- Facilitate and Chair weekly meetings with sub-team(s).
- Assist the team to prepare regular milestone deliverables to submit to external Disney management.
- Be well versed in all departmental policies and procedures and communicate / monitor them amongst the team at all times.
- Consistently achieve and sustain overall sub-team productivity.
- Routinely work to ensure effective open communication, reinforcing the professional growth of sub-team members, and helping to establish clearly defined goals and objectives.
- Help to ensure that new members are made welcome and are successfully integrated into the team.
- Effectively handle interpersonal conflict using tact and diplomacy.
- Develop and clearly communicate project goals and expectations to the sub-team(s).
ESSENTIAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of three years high-level project and team management/coordination experience; plus experience of managing or coordinating large-scale projects.
- Practical experience and / or understanding of Scrum / Agile project management methodologies.
- Excellent technical skills, including a competent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, essential for planning and tracking; plus the ability to understand technology issues.
- Flexibility and adaptability; assertiveness and persuasiveness;
- Proven organizational skills; effective in written, verbal and aural communication; and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- The ability to anticipate problem areas and initiate appropriate and decisive corrective action/s.
- Able to balance technical solutions with time, cost and human factors; and to devote the necessary time to planning, directing and controlling team activities.
- Good understanding of human behavior; the ability to maintain a proper balance between organizational and human elements.
- Able to work independently on routine tasks with little supervision.
- An enthusiastic gamer and good knowledge of multi-platform video games and the entertainment software industry.
- A knowledge of technical restrictions and specifications for consoles.
We offer a competitive a competitive remuneration package, including employee share scheme, a share of all team bonus pools, free gym membership and medical insurance. We also have a well equipped kitchen where we have lunch cooked for us every Friday, a breakfast bar, fresh fruit and a fully stocked fridge of soft drinks and beer.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.