SQL Server Database Administrator
Games Jobs - Programming - UK & Europe
|Job Title||SQL Server Database Administrator|
|Job Category||Database / SQL|
|Job Description||Sports Interactive (SI) is the world’s leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub of Old Street, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.
SI’s games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK’s top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006.
The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward thinking company. Sports Interactive looks after its staff’s well-being with free gym membership, in-house massage therapy, a leading benefits package and a flexible working schedule that make the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work. The company also arranges regular team social events and is very proud of having one of the lowest turnovers of staff in the industry.
Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available from the SI website, www.sigames.com.
In an expansion of our Football Manager Online team, creating a game specifically for the Asian market, we are currently seeking a committed Database Administrator to work within a talented and focused team on this title.
The candidates will preferably have online gaming experience, along with strong interpersonal skills and a passion for video games. In this role you will get the opportunity to turn great ideas into a great game is very proud of having one of the lowest turnovers of staff in the industry.
• Building, maintaining, administering and supporting all database systems
• Installing and configuring database management software, translating database design and diagnosing database performance issues
• Database support processes to ensure stability and performance of production databases and the availability of stored data
• Database monitoring capacity planning
• Work closely with the project teams to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
• Planning, coordinating and implementing security measures in the databases
• Developing, managing and testing backup and recovery plans and policies
• Ensuring that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Experience working in a fast paced, service orientated online game environment
• Experience of data modeling
• Creating and maintaining Stored Procedures
• Performance analysis, tuning & Optimization
• SQL Server Tools experience (Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SSCM, PerfMon)
• High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR)
• Backups, Restores, and Recovery Models
• Networking and security
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.
|Salary||Competitive plus benefits|
|Location||Central London, UK & Europe|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sports Interactive using their internal reference .|
|Apply for this job|