Programmer (Mobile App Developer)
Games Jobs - Programming - Oxford
|Job Title||Programmer (Mobile App Developer)|
|Skills Required||Mobile / iOS / Android,UI / Front End,Graduate Programmer|
|Job Description||At Rebellion Oxford we are looking for a programmer to become our specialised Mobile App Developer. We need someone to develop and maintain non-games apps, such as 2000 AD for iOS, Android, Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8. Our ideal person will have a passion for all mobile devices!
This role is full-time based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. We can consider permanent or contract employment but not freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
Experience & Qualifications:
Some Android development experience is essential, professional would be preferred but hobby experience will also be considered. Any iOS development experience would be an advantage. A strong academic background is preferred with a 1st class or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or other science-related subject, or equivalent professional experience.
- Develop and maintain non-games apps for iOS, Android, Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8
- Create quality products with intuitive user-friendly user interfaces
- Adapt quickly to new mobile platforms, technology and languages
- Apply technology effectively to design-led projects at Rebellion
- Integrate APIs, analytics and event tracking tools
- Take a flexible and creative approach to tackling different issues across platforms, eg. various screen sizes and input formats
- Ensure high security standards, including protecting user data which is held or transmitted
- Pursue efficient memory management
- Excellent mobile programming in Objective-C, C++ and Java
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills under pressure
- Strong object-orientated programming and technical design
- Strong user knowledge of different mobile platforms, eg. iOS, Android and Windows Mobile
- Understanding of software development processes
- Appreciation of significant changes between operating system version releases
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation and organisational skills
- Able to collaborate productively, communicating ideas and issues clearly to non-technical staff
- Great team-work and the ability to accept and follow direction
- Any experience of using Perforce and Mantis would be useful
How to Apply:
Our application form is available at www.rebellion.co.uk/jobs/ along with details of other opportunities at our UK offices.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Mobile App Dev RE232MH” – remember to include your CV, completed application form and a link to code examples if possible.
Rebellion can only consider applicants who can legally work in the UK. This is a full-time role based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. We can consider permanent or contract employment but not freelance or agencies.
Join the Rebellion… find out more about us at www.rebellion.co.uk
|Salary||Negotiable + pension after 3 months|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Rebellion Developments Limited using their internal reference GI232MH.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|