Games Jobs - Programming - Oxford
|Job Title||Programmer (Gameplay)|
|Skills Required||Lead Programmer,Gameplay|
|Job Description||Rebellion Oxford is now looking for more Senior Programmers. From Sniper Elite 3 on Xbox One, PlayStation4, Xbox 360, PS3 & PC to smaller console titles also based on our own successful IPs, we have several projects all using our own proprietary engine looking for senior gameplay programmers. If you join a smaller team then you may also have the rare opportunity to become platform lead for either the Xbox One or PS4 as these roles are yet to be assigned on one project which has just been green-lit.
This role is full-time based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. We can consider permanent or contract employment but not freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
Qualifications & Experience:
Minimum of 3 years C++ experience in professional games development, including experience of completing a PS3 and/or Xbox 360 title. A strong academic background is also preferred with a 1st class or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or other science-related subject, but not essential if you have appropriate experience.
- Develop and implement new gameplay code, including features such as strategy, mechanics, logic, combat systems, AI, UI, audio code, etc
- Meet game design and technical requirements as well as internal coding standards
- Maintain and debug your own and existing code
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Optimise code and data for memory usage and performance per console
- Identify and solve development obstacles or risks that arise
- Research new tools, techniques and processes and how they can benefit Rebellion
- Support all coders on your team, including juniors and seniors as required
- Collaborate productively, communicating ideas and issues clearly across disciplines
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and deadlines
- Excellent C/C++ skills at a professional level
- Ability to quickly familiarise yourself to work with a large existing codebase
- Ability to prototype as well as producing final code
- Strong debugging, profiling and optimising, system design and 3D math skills
- Good knowledge of console, general games and/or multiplayer development in a professional games development environment
- Good use of common development tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce/other version control systems
- Good spoken and written communication skills, as well as teamworking with game developers from all disciplines across the project
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organisational and problem solving skills, with the ability to accept and follow direction
- A genuine interest in playing games
Our application form is available at www.rebellion.co.uk/jobs/ along with details of other opportunities at our UK offices, including junior-mid level gameplay roles.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Senior Gameplay GI227MH” – remember to include your CV, completed application form and a link to your code examples if possible.
Rebellion can only consider applicants who can legally work in the UK. This is a full-time role based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. We can consider permanent or contract employment but not freelance or agencies.
Join the Rebellion… find out more about us at www.rebellion.co.uk
|Salary||Negotiable + pension after 3 months|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Rebellion Developments Limited using their internal reference GI227MH.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|