Mobile Graphics (Engine) Programmer
Games Jobs - Programming - Oxford
|Job Title||Mobile Graphics (Engine) Programmer|
|Skills Required||Mobile / iOS / Android,Graphics / Engine,Core Technology|
|Job Description||Rebellion Oxford’s core technology team are now looking for a Graphics Programmer ready to specialise in mobile rendering, to make improvements to this area of our proprietary Asura engine. This niche role will involve working closely with our mobile development team who are currently supporting 6 released games, as well as working on a new title on brand new IP. The successful applicant will be highly motivated and especially interested in graphics rendering for mobile devices.
This role is full-time based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. We can consider permanent or contract employment but not freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
At least 2 years’ games industry experience in graphics programming is required, as well as proven experience working with OpenGL ES 2.0, 3.0 and/or Desktop Open GL. Any specific experience in mobile platforms (iOS, Android, Windows RT) and/or working with a cross-platform engine would be an advantage. A strong academic background is preferred with a 1st class or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or other science-related subject, or equivalent professional experience.
- Graphics programming using OpenGL ES 2.0 and 3.0 on iOS and Android
- Graphics programming for other platforms (e.g. DirectX 11 on Windows Phone 8 and Windows RT)
- Porting high-end console graphics rendering technology to the new generation of mobile GPUs running OpenGL
- Implementing new graphics techniques
- Adapting quickly to new mobile platforms, technology and languages
- Profiling and optimising existing graphics code
- Working with other team members to add new rendering features
- Assisting with planning and scheduling of rendering tasks
- Strong C/C++ and OpenGL ES 2.0, 3.0 and/or Desktop Open GL - Excellent use of GLSL
- Strong mathematical skills
- Using shader debugging tools
- Ability to write clear and maintainable code
- Any working knowledge of DirectX11 would be a bonus
How To Apply:
Our application form is available at our jobs pages www.rebellion.co.uk/jobs/ along with details of other opportunities at our UK offices.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Mobile Graphics GI234MH” – remember to include your CV, completed application form and a link to code examples if possible.
Rebellion can only consider applicants who can legally work in the UK. This is a full-time role based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. We can consider permanent or contract employment but not freelance or agencies.
Join the Rebellion… find out more about us at www.rebellion.co.uk
|Salary||Negotiable + pension after 3 months|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Rebellion Developments Limited using their internal reference GI234MH.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|