Lead Mobile Artist (Contract-to-Perm, Oxford)
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - Oxford
|Job Title||Lead Mobile Artist (Contract-to-Perm, Oxford)|
|Skills Required||Environment Artist,Lead Artist,Art Director|
|Job Description||Rebellion Oxford are seeking an experienced, talented and enthusiastic Lead Mobile Artist to drive the artwork across all of Rebellion’s mobile projects. This is a truly exciting opportunity to have creative control over all visual aspects on a number of existing and forthcoming game titles.
In addition to demonstrating strong aesthetic flare and vision, the successful candidate will also need to work closely with the development team, ensuring that artwork is supporting the design process, is technically compliant and is respecting the projects’ schedules. The Lead Artist will guide a dedicated team of mobile artists as well as having access to many more artists with other specialist skills and knowledge at Rebellion.
This role will initially be a 9 month full-time employed contract role (not freelance or agency) based in-house at our Oxford head-studio. For the right person there are great prospects for this contract to be extended in future and/or to transition into a permanent in-house role. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
At least 3 years’ games industry art experience is required, preferably with evidence of working on mobile titles and 1 year in a senior or lead role. Having completed a full production cycle on a published game title would be a bonus.
Please include a link to your portfolio of examples demonstrating outstanding visual and technical ability. The resolution in our mobile games is continually increasing so we are looking for evidence of high-resolution modelling in Max/Maya/Z-Brush/etc and normal-mapped game environments.
- Overall responsibility for all artwork required of Rebellion’s mobile game titles
- Inspire and motivate the art team to achieve their best, driving artistic quality by example and successful team work, giving feedback and direction where needed
- Work closely with other disciplines of the development team to overcome issues and produce the best game titles
- Plan and structure tasks with efficiency
- Understand and work within project requirements and constraints
- Keep up to date with game artwork trends and influences
- Excellent artistic ability and direction, with strong and responsible leadership
- Highly experienced and knowledgeable in Photoshop and a 3d package such as 3dsMax or Maya
- Excellent understanding of all art aspects required for 3d games, including environments, characters, 2D/GUI and animation
- Good understanding of the game development process as a whole, including technical limitations and opportunities
- Ability to take the initiative, be highly disciplined and self-motivated
- Collaborate productively within a multi-disciplined team environment, including designers and coders, communicating with both technical and non-technical staff across disciplines
- Knowledge of other software such as ZBrush, After Effects, Illustrator, Video editing etc is a bonus
- Additional knowledge of traditional arts, photography, sculpting etc may further support your application
How to Apply
Our application form is available at our jobs pages www.rebellion.co.uk/jobs/ along with details of other opportunities at our UK offices.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Lead Mobile Artist GI236CP” – remember to include your CV, completed application form and a portfolio link.
Rebellion can only consider applicants who can legally work in the UK. This role will initially be a 9 month full-time employed contract role (not freelance or agency) based in-house at our Oxford head-studio.
Join the Rebellion… find out more about us at www.rebellion.co.uk
|Salary||Negotiable + pension after 3 months|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Rebellion Developments Limited using their internal reference GI236CP.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|