Engine Programmer (Exp/Senior, Tools/Graphics/Network)
Games Jobs - Programming - Oxford
|Job Title||Engine Programmer (Exp/Senior, Tools/Graphics/Network)|
|Skills Required||AI / Artificial Intelligence,Tools,Network / Online / Server,Physics,Graphics / Engine,Core Technology|
|Job Description||Rebellion Oxford is now looking for experienced Engine Programmers to join our core engine technology team, including specialist areas such as tools, network, graphics and/or AI.
An exciting opportunity to work on new technology, supporting multiple AAA titles currently in development for all current and next-generation platforms, including online multiplayer, PC and consoles. You must be able to quickly familiarise yourself with our existing codebase in order to push the boundaries and drive our industry-leading internal engine and tools suite even further.
This is a permanent full-time role, based in-house at our Oxford headquarters (not freelance or agency). You must be able to legally work in the UK.
The ideal applicant will have at least 3 years’ experience working in the console games industry using C/C++, preferably in technical programming within a cross-platform engine. A strong academic background is also preferred with a 1st class or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or other science-related subject, but not essential if you have appropriate experience.
- Write and develop robust maintainable engine code
- Implement features across all current and next-gen platforms, including prototypes and new technologies
- Identify and solve technical problems as they arise, including cross-platform issues, debugging, profiling and optimising for reduced memory usage and increased real-time performance
- Maintain and add to existing codebase, including low/mid-level systems to support pipelines and higher-level programmers
- Respond to feature requests and bug reports from game development staff
- Research new tools, techniques and processes and how they can benefit Rebellion
- Collaborate productively, communicating ideas and issues clearly across disciplines
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and deadlines
- Excellent C/C++ skills with the ability to write clear maintainable code
- Strong debugging, profiling and optimising
- Ability to work with a large existing codebase, learn new systems/concepts and implement them quickly and efficiently
- Good communication and teamworking with game developers from all disciplines
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organisational and problem solving skills, with the ability to accept and follow direction
- A genuine interest in playing games
- Knowledge and interest in any specific areas of engine code (eg. graphics, tools, networking, AI, physics, maths, multi-threading, user-interfaces, third-party APIs) would be an advantage, as would any coding experience in other languages (eg. Perl, PHP, mySQL, C#)
Our application form is available at www.rebellion.co.uk/jobs/ along with details of other opportunities at our UK offices.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Engine Programmer GI214MH” – remember to include your CV, completed application form and a link to code examples if possible.
Rebellion can only consider applicants who can legally work in the UK. This is a permanent full-time role based in-house at our Oxford headquarters, not open to freelance or agencies.
Join the Rebellion… find out more about us at www.rebellion.co.uk
|Salary||Negotiable + pension after 3 months|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Rebellion Developments Limited using their internal reference GI214MH.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|