Senior Character Artists - The Netherlands - Attractive Salary & Benefits - Games
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - The Netherlands
|Job Title||Senior Character Artists - The Netherlands - Attractive Salary & Benefits - Games|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|Job Description||Location: Amsterdam
Salary: Attractive Salary & Benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Project: AAA FPS Games
OPM are proud to be working with this prestigious games developer who has been entertaining millions of gamers with quality FPS games for over 10 years! Their games have always received worldwide popular and critical acclaim and they need you to continue this trend. Are you ready to step up to the mark?
ABOUT THE POSITION:
You will work with the character team, to ensure their entourage of characters are as perfect as they can be. As an Artist you will have a broad skillset and understand that character work does not end in Zbrush; you can texture, shade, light and articulate just as well as you can sculpt. Naturally you have a genuine passion in video games and creating characters to the highest standards. You welcome the challenge and are not intimidated by the technical and often fiddly side of game character production.
• You have some skill in every aspect of character creation, from start to finish and have examples of this in your portfolio
• You understand surfacing, can create fantastic textures and can author materials.
• Have an appreciation of rigging and articulation, including how topology can influence deformation.
• Know how to build game meshes that can exactly reproduce the source material, but which are light on resources and performance.
• Know your anatomy inside and out.
• Be a great sculptor, who can work in any style – real or expressive, hard-surface or organic.
• You have a solid understanding of game design principles and an appreciation of how character art decisions can affect both playability and design production.
• You have a realistic appraisal of your own strengths and weaknesses, and you’re constantly striving to improve. You keep abreast of all the latest technology, workflow tips and tools. You can work to specification and to schedule, in an existing pipeline, and equally work on minimal instruction if provided.
• You’re open to and will act on criticism and feedback.
• You’re high on initiative, have great written and verbal communication skills, and know how to manage your time effectively.
• You’re open to working in a production pipeline that makes heavy use of freelancers and subcontractors
An attractive benefits package is on offer for the successful applicant as well as assistance relocating. All applicants should be eligible to work in the EU and if not must have a proven AAA games background.
To ensure a speedy application please email your up to date CV in MS WORD FORMAT and Show Reel to email@example.com
So what are you waiting for? Apply now!
Jon Norfolk | Art & Animation Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214425 |
Email: Jon@opmjobs.com |
The salary bracket shown is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of OPM using their internal reference 3284.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|