Junior Support Technician – Global Software Simulation Developer
Games Jobs - Programming - South East
|Job Title||Junior Support Technician – Global Software Simulation Developer|
Job Title –Junior Support Technician – Global Software Simulation Developer
Location – South East UK
Job Type – Permanent
Job Salary – Competitive
Job ID - 3361
Are you looking for a role as a Junior Support Technician working at a Global Software Simulation Developer?
You will provide on-site support to the European Defence Agency Helicopter Tactics simulators.
You will need good communications skills as interacting with military and civilian customers will be a large part of day to day life.
You will need to have a competent knowledge of computing in general as well as the ability to identify and diagnose both software and hardware faults.
You will co-operate with the core team to understand the development roadmap and be able to inform customers about implementation of key technologies. On occasion you may be required to visit other customers on their site to assist with projects and support exercises within the UK and Europe.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Gain a comprehensive understanding of the tactics trainer software and hardware
• First line support point of contact for Tier1 technical issues
• Plan and execute hardware and software maintenance and upgrades
• Answer support tickets through the support system
• Monitor support tickets for progress and resolution
• Escalate customers issues to the relevant department
• Communication Skills
• Time Management
• Problem Solving
Education & Experience:
• A Degree in Computing or a technology related subject
• Experience in Defense Simulation, preferably VBS or Arma
• Aptitude for basic C++/C# programming and scripting languages.
• Understanding of basic networking typologies and PC hardware
• Appreciation of game modification methods
To apply or for further information about the role please contact Daniel on +44 (0) 1206214418 or mail a copy of your CV to <a href=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>email@example.com</a>
RECOMMEND A FRIEND - Refer a friend to OPM and if we successfully place them in a new permanent role you will receive £300.
Daniel Fox|Senior Technical Consultant OPM Response LTD | Ground Floor, Anderson House, 228 Old London Road, Marks Tey, Colchester, CO6 1HDDirect Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214418 | Email: <a href=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>email@example.com</a> | Skype: daniel.fox.opm | LinkedIn: <a href=http://uk.linkedin.com/in/danielfoxopm>Click Here</a>| Twitter: <a href=https://twitter.com/OPMProgramming>Click Here</a>| Games Industry Programmers <a href=http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Games-Industry-Programmers-2437205/about>Click Here</a>
Tel: +44 (0) 1206 214421 Fax: +44 (0) 1206 214429 <a href=http://www.opmjobs.com/>www.opmjobs.com</a>
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of OPM using their internal reference 3361.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|