Software Engineer – Games Development - Scotland
|Job Title||Software Engineer – Games Development - Scotland|
|Job Description||17059 Software Engineer – Games Development
OPM are assisting a client finding a Software Engineer to work with a talented team on cutting edge 3D World based products for the global Usage
Based Insurance (UBI) industry. These highly interactive mobile applications are where social
gaming and gamification merge with the UBI industry to redefine the way drivers are insured.
These applications will pit drivers driving habits against each other to encourage them to drive
more safely and lower their insurance premiums. The products you will be working on will
touch millions of drivers and passengers around the world.
Are you a software engineers with a talent for games development who have the
passion talent and drive to be a part of a team working on applications in a ground breaking
3D geo-social platform.
• You must have a passion for developing high quality software and games.
• You should be extremely self-motivated and thrive in a team environment.
• You should be fluent in at least one OO language (e.g. C++ AS3 C# Java) and have
an understanding of OOD (e.g. design patterns SOLID modelling languages).
• You must be able to demonstrate an understanding of algorithms data structures and
• You will have experience of implementing high performance real time 3D systems such
as games or demos.
• You will have strong problem solving skills along with excellent written and oral
communication skills that allow you to solve problems as part of a team.
• You will be degree educated in Computer Science Engineering Mathematics or a
• You should be flexible and adaptable eager to engage with and learn new technologies
• Candidate must have the right to work and reside in the United Kingdom – i.e.
European Economic Area / Swiss national or holding current UK work permit
• Experience of working on iOS / Android platforms.
• Knowledge of graphics techniques and/or computational geometry.
• Knowledge of agile and lean development Scrum Kanban Continuous Integration
Pair Programming TDD.
• Experience with either Flash (AS3 Stage3D Flex MXML) or Unity development.
• Experience with MVC web development frameworks particularly Ruby on Rails.
• Experience with a dynamic language (Ruby JS Python etc.)
• Good BSc or equivalent in a relevant subject e.g. Computing.
To apply or for further information about the role please contact Daniel on +44 (0) 1206214418 or mail a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Daniel Fox | Senior Programming Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214418 |
Email: Daniel@opmjobs.com |
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of OPM using their internal reference 17059.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|