Senior Game Designer – Scotland, Salary £Neg – Mobile/Tablet
Games Jobs - Game Design - Scotland
|Job Title||Senior Game Designer – Scotland, Salary £Neg – Mobile/Tablet|
|Job Category||Game Design|
|Job Description||Location: Scotland
Salary: Negotiable DOE
Job Type: Permanent
Formed in 2006 my client has a highly successful track record in game development for mobile and tablet devices. Their world class developers have played a key role in the production of some of the bestselling, and most critically acclaimed games in the world. They are currently looking to recruit a Senior Game Designer to join their team.
The successful candidate will be ensuring that each high level game concept or client brief is implemented to their demanding standards. You are excited by the possibilities of social and connected gaming on mobile and handheld and able to work across a wide variety of genres. You will have great attention to detail, demand perfection and be able to inspire, lead and mentor.
You will be the creative vision holder for each of the games. They shall be responsible for both the creative direction of a project and the implementation of the design tasks required by it. Working closely with the other team members and the production manager they will ensure that each high level game concept or client brief is implemented to my clients' demanding standards.
- Work with the product owner (external/internal) to define creative vision
- Design and direct development of player experiences and game mechanics.
- Create and maintain design documentation.
- Create levels, layouts, maps, and other elements.
- Direct and support Junior Game Designers and/or Interns.
- Work closely with project team members to execute design and work through design revisions as needed.
- Help generate requirements for other disciplines such as level artists and tools programmers.
- Work closely with the Producer to ensure scope and milestones are met
- An encyclopaedic knowledge of games in general and a thorough understanding of what makes them work.
- Excellent knowledge and appreciation of downloadable and social games.
- Demonstration of understanding and/or experience of Facebook, mobile or online social games is a huge advantage.
- A high standard of written and verbal presentation skills.
- High degree of creativity and proven design skills.
- Ability to manage and document design on multiple projects.
- Experience with a wide variety of game development tools
- Skilled with Microsoft Office suite of tools, including Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Word
- Appreciation for agile style development processes
- Self-motivating, outstanding attention to detail and organisation abilities.
- Basic computer programming skills may be helpful
- Candidates will ideally have 3 or more years of experience working in a design role and be educated to degree level.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY GAME/LEVEL DESIGN DEMO AND DOCUMENTS.
If you have the skills and relevant experience for this role and are interested in moving north of the border, then send your cv and design portfolio to <a href=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>email@example.com</a> today!
Catherine Cope| Design and Analytics Consultant
OPM Response Ltd | Ground Floor, Anderson House, 228 Old London Road, Marks Tey, Colchester, CO6 1HD
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214416 | Email: <a href=mailto:Catherine@opmjobs.com>Catherine@opmjobs.com</a> | Skype: catherine.cope.opm
|Job Category||Game Design|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of OPM using their internal reference 3270.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|