Job Title – Lead Programmer – Mobile Social Gaming Developer
Location – Scotland
Job Type – Permanent
Job Salary – Competitive
Job ID - 3295
- Do you seek a role where you can lead as well as code?
- OPM are working with a respeceted developer in Scotland seeking a keen programmer with a desire to lead a team of developers.
- The Lead Game Programmer will be a highly skilled and hard-working individual with experience of at least one shipped title and comfortable in a variety of programming environments.
- The role will involve the development of games across a variety of platforms including mobile, PC and console and therefore a wide understanding of development in both Java and C based languages.
- The Lead Game Programmer is required to work closely with other team members, (especially those on their programming team) leading by example, to ensure a high level of coding standards are achieved and maintained across their project, whilst also delivering that project on time and above industry average standards.
- They must also demonstrate initiative, leadership, and an ability to both learn new skills and techniques and then communicate that learning to the wider programming team.
- • Good degree in computer science or equivalent.
- • Detailed knowledge of development tools and techniques relating to game development across a wide variety of platforms.
- • Experience of game development using C and/or Java based languages.
- • Experience of native Windows development a distinct advantage.
- • Strong maths and 3D programming skills a distinct advantage.
- • Ability to work both individually and lead a small team.
- • Working knowledge of the game development process.
- Candidates must have at least one shipped title and will ideally have 3+ years of experience working on PC, console, handheld or mobile gaming platforms.
- • Deliver accurate time estimates for the programming tasks on a project for scheduling purposes.
- • Ensure project deliverables are finished on time and to the highest possible quality standards.
- • Organise and delegate all programming tasks on the project team based on the best use of available resources.
- • Communicate project requirements, technical strategy and implementation approach on an ongoing basis with the programming team.
- • Organise peer review of code both up and down the hierarchy on a regular basis.
- • Organise and deliver the build process and deliverable content when required by either internal or external milestones.
- • Ensure all code modules are integrated correctly into the project with correct versioning and added to version control on at least a daily basis.
- • Identify problems and suggest work around solutions before they impact project delivery.
- • Demonstrate excellent time management and organisational skills. Setting an example for the rest of your team.
- • Support the producer/studio manager in the creation of required documents, attending client meetings/conference calls and demonstration of the project where required.
- • Demonstrate excellence in all Tag values, not just adherence to them..
To apply or for further information about the role please contact Daniel on +44 (0) 1206214418 or mail a copy of your CV to <a href=mailto:email@example.com>firstname.lastname@example.org</a>
RECOMMEND A FRIEND - Refer a friend to OPM and if we successfully place them in a new permanent role you will receive £300.
Daniel Fox|Senior Technical Consultant OPM Response LTD | Ground Floor, Anderson House, 228 Old London Road, Marks Tey, Colchester, CO6 1HDDirect Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214418 | Email: <a href=mailto:email@example.com>firstname.lastname@example.org</a> | Skype: daniel.fox.opm | LinkedIn: <a href=http://uk.linkedin.com/in/danielfoxopm>Click Here</a>| Twitter: <a href=https://twitter.com/OPMProgramming>Click Here</a>| Games Industry Programmers <a href=http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Games-Industry-Programmers-2437205/about>Click Here</a>
Tel: +44 (0) 1206 214421 Fax: +44 (0) 1206 214429 <a href=http://www.opmjobs.com/>www.opmjobs.com</a>