||Location – North UK
Job Type – Permanent
Format – Cross Platform
Salary – DOE
ENGINE PROGRAMMER – TEAM LEAD
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the engine team within a collaborative multidiscipline environment implementing engine features that meet the requirements of the project’s Lead Designer and Lead Programmer.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with good knowledge of object oriented development.
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and perforce.
- Familiarity with common scheduling, task and issue tracking tools – MS Project, Jira etc…
- Able to create, manage and track schedules for a team of engineers.
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience.
- 6 years of commercial software development experience with significant involvement in 2 published games.
- Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind.
- Able to analyse unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module.
- Has knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile etc…
- Proven ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity.
- Experience working at a low-level with at least 1 current generation console platform.
- Proven ability to learn and be productive using unfamiliar APIs quickly.
- Experience with CPU and GPU profiling, and optimization of code and shaders.
- Work with production, engineers, design and art team leads to create task estimates and schedules for the engine programming team and track development efforts across the team.
- Balance active code development with the management requirements and responsibilities of a discipline lead.
- Ensure the delivery of practical and timely solutions by the engine programming team that meets the game design and technical requirements.
- Mentor, manage and regularly review individuals to build a cohesive and effective team.
- Ensure code is modular, self-contained, and defensive and observes the technical constraints on the system by leading regular technical design and code reviews.
- Ensure coding standards are followed, and help to enforce good programming practices within the engineering team.
- Ensure the creation of technical documentation for the engine programming team.
To apply please forward over your CV to <a href=mailto:email@example.com>firstname.lastname@example.org</a>
Max Hurd - Programming Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214420
Email: <a href=mailto:Max@opmjobs.com>Max@opmjobs.com</a>
LinkedIn: <a href=http://uk.linkedin.com/in/maxhurdopm>http://uk.linkedin.com/in/maxhurdopm</a>