Graphic/UI Artist Contract or Permanent Options Available - £DOE - Midlands - Games
|Job Title||Graphic/UI Artist Contract or Permanent Options Available - £DOE - Midlands - Games|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|Skills Required||Art / Animation|
|Job Description||Location: Midlands
Job Type: Permanent
My client prides itself on producing both critically and commercially successful titles within a broad portfolio ranging from family to core titles. For over a decade now it has firmly established itself as one of the world’s largest independent games developers.
Currently employing 250 staff split between multiple genre and platform specific teams and producing titles under recognised brand names they are now looking for an experienced Graphic/UI Artist to join their team.
The graphics typography and interface design in games today can lift a product to be a slick and exciting experience for the player. In some of our games navigating through the menu system is an important and fun part of the game itself.
Requirements for this role:
• Menu Flow and Design - Demonstrated interface development with a strong sense of user interface flow and consideration for end-user experience.
• 2D artwork – The ability to conceptualise and create high quality 2D game art assets using expert skills in industry standard packages such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Graphic Design – Specifically the use and application of numerous artistic and professional disciplines which focus on visual communication and presentation. The use of various methods to design create and combine symbols images and/or words to create a visual representation of ideas and messages from the game system. Production disciplines include: -
• Layout design
• Typographic design and layout
• Font selection design and localisation
• Logo and icon design
• Colour theory application
• Pre-visualisation – The ability to rapidly prototype interface look and flow - primarily using After Effects and supported with industry standard packages such as Flash / Dreamweaver.
• TRC Considerations – The ability and wish to both work within and learn the TRC requirements of the 1st party hardware vendors.
• Communication - Strong communication analytical and interpersonal skills working within cross-functional teams
• Create and iteratively develop game assets from inception to final review
• 3D Experience – Experience in the use and application of industry 3D packages such as 3DS Max and Maya to created and animate 3d art assets for the user interface.
• Simplification - Experience in simplifying complex workflows in menu systems.
• Cognitive Ergonomics – Experience with and a wish to develop skills on the fit between human cognitive abilities and limitations of the game interface. Specifically the ability to design easy-to-use interfaces using user and task analysis information architecture interface design heuristic evaluation and usability testing.
• Qualifications - Formal user-interface design qualifications in related fields such as information design information science cognitive psychology human-computer interaction and human factors
All applicants are required to provide examples of their work.
Is this your next role? Then please send your CV to email@example.com or contact me on the details below:
Claire Ramshaw - firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Art Consultant
Direct Line: +44 (0) 1206 214413
Linked in: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/claireramshawopm
The salary bracket is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of OPM using their internal reference 16973.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|