Concept/Illustration Artist - Mobile Games - DOE - Midlands
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - Midlands
|Job Title||Concept/Illustration Artist - Mobile Games - DOE - Midlands|
|Skills Required||Art / Animation|
|Job Description||Location: Midlands
Job Type: Permanent
This Midlands based independent studio has helped create and build some of the biggest game franchises in games over the past 16 years.
Over the last three years, they have developed and self-published nine games on the iOS and Android Stores, all brand-new IPs, achieving worldwide features and fantastic chart success, Metacritic and player ratings.
Your role is to help set a benchmark for the rest of the project. You will be involved right from the beginning defining the art style with the Lead Artist and management team. Day to day tasks may include creating and concepting varying art styles, supporting 3D Art to visualise a concept or creating in game illustrations.
You will have:
- An awesome polished and varied portfolio
- Be fluent in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to adapt quickly to varying art styles
- Support 3D Art with turnarounds for Characters, Props and environments
- Provide illustrations, sketches and concepts to express key game play events
- Well versed in anatomy, proportions and perspective
- Strong traditional art skills
- An excellent knowledge of colour theory and composition
- Communicate effectively and proactively with other team members
- Demonstrate a positive, adaptive attitude and effective time management skills
- Participate in art reviews and respond professionally to creative feedback
- 2+ Released Titles
- Experience in a 3D package (Max, Maya, Sketch Up)
- Knowledge of Flash, After Effects or Animation package
- Experience in Scrum and Sprint project planning
- Knowledge of current mobile game art styles.
- Strong passion for mobile games.
Although a Degree in a relevant discipline is desirable it is not essential. You will be judged on that quality of work inside your portfolio.
If this sounds like your next role then email your CV along with demo work (max 5mg) to firstname.lastname@example.org (MS Word format)
Claire Ramshaw | Senior Art Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214413 |
Email: Claire@opmjobs.com |
The salary bracket shown is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of OPM using their internal reference 3106.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|