Salary: £Negotiable DOE
Job Type: Initial 6 month Contract
Project: Console Games
OPM are pleased to be offering an excellent opportunity to join one of the most successful international development and publishing houses at their London studio.
You’ll be joining an experienced team of designers and artists responsible for leading and coordinating the User Interface work across the studio’s projects. Working as a hands-on UI Designer and collaborating with the Design team, Artists, Programmers, Creative Services department and any external agencies you will help to solve the exciting challenges facing their project user experiences.
- Key point of contact for the game UI and responsible for delivering UI assets for the projects
- Work with the Art Director and Creative Director to determine the look of the game’s front-end user interface, in-game HUD, and additional content to maintain a consistent visual aesthetic across all UI assets
- Work with Game Designers, tools and runtime programmers, to implement and iterate on concepts until architectural and usability requirements are met
- Ensure that the end user experience is a seamless and intuitive experience and that all assets appear in-game with a high degree of readability
- Generate assets for front-end menus, icons, buttons, widgets, backgrounds, data displays, top-down maps, etc., from concept to final polished product
- Keep designs consistent across the product based on base high level concepts
- Review and provide guidance to the work produced by any graphic art workers in the support of the UI development
- Ensure all UI work is checked in engine and problems with implementation or consistency are addressed
- Maintain areas of the projects Art & Design Bibles, which relate to communicating the flow, aesthetic, and technical implementation of UI assets
- Demonstrate a superior level of industry and consumer knowledge, with the ability to see what is going on with UI production at an industry level (technical and creatively)
- Work with the production team to keep UI work on track (both in terms of style, quality, and delivery)
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience working in visual media with a core focus on user interface design
- Understand wireframe UI designs and produce Interface screen mock-ups
- Professional level of proficiency in standard graphic media applications, such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of visual media applications, After Effects, 3D packages, HTML, CSS, Flash etc..
- A good eye for layout, composition and typography
- Ability to create simple, readable logos and iconography
- Proven ability to work across a range of graphic styles.
- Establishing and meeting deadlines and working to a budget, including the proven ability to set and work within the technical and memory constraints of a game.
- Providing effective & constructive feedback & critique of other’s work.
- Able to work as part of the senior creative team, to interpret decisions and to communicate them to the team.
For the opportunity to be part of this team please send your cv and work examples FAO Catherine to email@example.com or call +44 1206 214416