Senior Programmer (Generalist) – High profile franchise - London
Games Jobs - Programming - London
|Job Title||Senior Programmer (Generalist) – High profile franchise - London|
Job Title – Senior Programmer (Generalist) – High profile franchise - London
Job Location – UK/London
Job Type –Permanent
Job Salary – Competitive
Job ID - #1763
Are you a Generalist Programmer looking for a Senior role?
Are you looking to join an established and high profile franchise team with substantial responsibilities?
Would you like to define, and ultimately deliver, the next generation of a prestigious title?
- Designing, developing, documenting, testing and maintaining highly accessible game-play features and engine systems, in collaboration with other programmers, designers and artists. Tackling feature based work subject to experience/ability e.g. high level graphics, animation, UX, online & social integration, audio, etc.
- Your software will include substantial game related systems, as well as components that will contribute to our internal studio engine & SDK. In this respect, you will represent the needs of the project in related discussions with other technology/project teams.
- Continuously striving to deliver a highly entertaining interactive experience. Troubleshooting technical issues throughout the team. Proactively and methodically improving quality and efficiency.
- As a senior member of the team you will provide support to the franchise technical director – raising professional standards, developing best practice, acting as a role model, mentoring more junior staff, and operating as a stand-in for the TD as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent C++ programming skills. Proficiency in maths and 3D geometry. Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Robust software engineering and software architecture principles. A solid understanding of game architecture, including the development of reusable software libraries. Experience of working with and interfacing to a large codebase, including systems such as: graphics, physics, animation, audio, and networking.
- Objective profiling, analysis and optimization skills. Experience of designing code and data structures with performance in mind, and the use of performance analysis tools.
- A methodical approach to debugging, practiced over a number of years, and honed to high degree of proficiency.
- Passion and aptitude for practical game development. Experience of working in small focused work groups, and interfacing with a large multi-discipline team. Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to self-prioritize and execute with minimal supervision. Experience of leading a small team of programmers, providing support and guidance in daily tasks.
- Multi-platform development a benefit.
- A successful shipped console title or mobile/tablet application gaining critical acclaim.
- Experience of game prototyping and rapid iteration on creative ideas.
- Familiarity with development software and tools, such as Microsoft Visual Studio, Perforce, SN-Debugger, Hansoft. Experience of Perforce administration would be an advantage.
- Experience of managing and configuring build systems, specific experience of Jenkins would be beneficial.
To apply or for further information about the role please contact Daniel on +44 (0) 1206214418 or mail a copy of your CV to <a href=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>email@example.com</a>
RECOMMEND A FRIEND - Refer a friend to OPM and if we successfully place them in a new permanent role you will receive £300.
Daniel Fox | Senior Technical Consultant
OPM Response LTD | Ground Floor, Anderson House, 228 Old London Road, Marks Tey, Colchester, CO6 1HD
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214418 | Email: <a href=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>email@example.com</a> | Skype: daniel.fox.opm | LinkedIn: <a title=View public profile href=http://uk.linkedin.com/in/danielfoxopm>Click Here</a>| Twitter: <a href=https://twitter.com/OPMProgramming>Click Here</a> | Games Industry Programmers <a href=http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Games-Industry-Programmers-2437205/about>Click Here</a>
Tel: +44 (0) 1206 214421
Fax: +44 (0) 1206 214429
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of OPM using their internal reference 2744.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|