Senior Artist - Central London - AAA Video Games
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - London
|Job Title||Senior Artist - Central London - AAA Video Games|
|Skills Required||Art / Animation|
|Job Description||Job Title: Senior Artist
Job type: Permanent
Salary: Depending on experience
Project: Multi-Platform Games
OPM are pleased to be working with this London based developer / publisher with worldwide development studios and are currently looking for an experienced and highly motivated Senior Artist to join a small, dynamic game development team working on an exciting next generation PS4 title.
We are looking for a senior artist with next-generation experience, who will not only produce environment and vehicle assets to a superb quality but will also work as a ‘go to’ artist in the art department. You will help to solve the exciting challenges facing the development team.
Working with the Lead Artist and programming team, you will help to define, plan, and deliver solutions for the art team to achieve the visual goals set by the project. The role will include researching and developing new techniques for next-generation art creation.
This is a great opportunity for you to join our team. Through supporting the Lead Artist and working together with the rest of the art team, you will have an important role to play in the creation of this next-generation title.
• Create environments and vehicle assets to a superb level of quality
• Collaborate with the Lead Artist to help deliver the creative vision of the game
• By working with the graphics programmers and Lead Artist, help deliver next-generation lighting solutions
• R&D new techniques and solutions to visual problems posed by the game design/ art direction
• Identifying potential problems in the art pipeline and working with the tools & technology teams to prevent them
• Mentor and provide support to more junior or less experienced team members across the art team
• Researching and recommending 3rd party solutions
• Maintain a high level of relevant industry knowledge in key specialist areas such as lighting and material system tools, becoming a ‘go to’ person for experience and expertise in these fields
• Modeling and texturing in Maya
• High-detail sculpting in ZBrush and the baking-down to in-game process
• Excellent Photoshop skills
• Experience with next-generation engines
• Strong overall artistic ability (composition, colour, lighting, etc.) and an understanding of general artistic aesthetics and how to achieve them in CG
• Excellent lighting skills
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Knowledge of shaders and their application
• Awareness of current and upcoming game titles and technology
If this sounds like your next role then email your CV along with demo work (max 5mg) to email@example.com (MS Word format)
Claire Ramshaw | Senior Art Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214413 |
Email: Claire@opmjobs.com |
The salary bracket shown is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of OPM using their internal reference 1920.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|