||Job Title – Localisation Coordinator – Immediate Start
Job Location – London
Job Type – Contract (3 months’)
Duties / Tasks
- Primarily to support the localisation process
- Ability to work across projects from other stakeholders to support the localisation team as required.
- Coordinate the delivery of foreign language version requests for text/audio to agreed time, budget and quality
- Liaise with stakeholders to clarify content, request reference materials and identify schedule of localisation work
- Provide assistance / advice on localisation prior to delivery of content
- Create and manage daily supplier translation schedule
- Advise content and development teams with queries on localisation of their project
- Annotate content to instruct translators (e.g. words that need to comply with naming conventions)
- Maintain project tracker with language requirements, word count, delivery deadlines, costs and budget details.
- Ability to prepare XLS, XML & DOC files for translation
- Source and create reference materials for translators
- Ability to upload / download content to / from internal CMS
- Review translation work for accuracy and consistency
- Ability to review translated XML files [XML tags consistency]
- Create unique master file containing translations in all languages and in all locales
- Compile final versions for territory approval
- Manage content, where applicable, through supplier systems
- Update glossaries for localised terms for each language
- Maintain structured Localisation shared folders
- Maintain administrative documents (contact lists, glossaries, etc)
- Ability to translate small amounts of copy where required
External Supplier Management
- Select supplier from register
- Brief supplier of the project requirements
- Liaise with and send content for translation to suppliers
- Deal with specific queries from suppliers
- Follow up with suppliers on best practice
- Build relationships with territory contacts
- Provide localised content to territories for approval
- Inform territories of specific instructions relating to projects
- Manage territory approval process and answer their queries
- Prepare final versions post territory approval to deliver back to original requester
- Fluent in one or more foreign European languages (preferably including one of the following: French, Dutch or a Nordic language)
- Ability to anticipate potential localisation issues, understand the constraints related to localisation for multiple-territories, awareness of cultural differences and some knowledge of targeted markets.
- Need to be very organised and focussed in order to comply with tight deadlines whilst ensuring that the quality is maintained throughout.
- Scheduling skills essential.
- Communicating effectively with internal teams, external suppliers and territories while co-ordinating the localisation process.
- Ability to analyse a project, pinpoint the potential issues and extract the relevant facts, to prepare files and write relevant instructions to translators and reviewers.
- Ability to cope under pressure and take a flexible approach towards work
- Ability to adapt rapidly and multi-task
- Good time keeping
- Experience in web environment and/or translations preferred
- Computer skills (Office, web) essential – ability to use a content management system (training provided).
- Experience working with Adobe CQ platform a bonus.
To apply please send a copy of your CV in Word format to <a href=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>email@example.com</a>
The salary bracket shown is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.
Paige Hornabrook | QA, Localisation & Community Management Consultant
OPM Response Ltd | Ground Floor, Anderson House, 228 Old London Road, Marks Tey, Colchester, CO6 1HD | Direct Line: +44 (0) 1206 214417 | Email: <a href=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>email@example.com</a> | Skype: Paige.Hornabrook.opm | LinkedIn: Click Here| Twitter: <a href=https://twitter.com/PaigeHornabrook>Click Here</a>| QA & Localisation LinkedIn Group <a href=http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Games-Industry-QA-Localisation-121756/about?trk=anet_ug_grppro>Click Here</a>
Tel: +44 (0) 1206 214421
Fax: +44 (0) 1206 214429