Gameplay Programmer - London Development Studio
Games Jobs - Programming - London
|Job Title||Gameplay Programmer - London Development Studio|
Job Title – Gameplay Programmer
Job Location – Central London
Job Type – Permanent
Job Salary – DOE
Would you like to work with a technically acclaimed studio on multi-million selling franchises?
Are you a talented and highly motivated game-play programmer?
Interested in working on the next generation of PS4 titles?
You will be encouraged to manage your own time, make decisions for yourself and above all have fun in a very creative environment.
This is a great opportunity for a game-play programmer to join our project team at the beginnings of a new title – helping to define, and ultimately deliver, a completely new PS4 experience for the studio.
The role involves:
- Prototyping new gameplay mechanics and exploring new creative ideas.
- Designing, developing, documenting, testing and maintaining highly accessible game-play features in collaboration with other programmers, designers and artists.
- Design and development of new game systems, and implementing game content.
- Troubleshooting game-play related issues throughout the team.
- Continuously striving to deliver a highly entertaining interactive experience.
- Tackling feature based work subject to experience/ability e.g. high level graphics, applied physics, animation, online integration, audio, etc.
- Proactively and methodically improving quality and efficiency.
The successful candidate should demonstrate:
- Excellent C++ programming skills. Proficiency in maths and 3D geometry. Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Robust software engineering and software architecture principles. Experience of working with and interfacing to a large codebase, including systems such as: graphics, physics, animation, audio, and networking.
- Objective profiling, analysis and optimisation skills. A methodical approach to debugging.
- Passion and aptitude for practical game-play development. Experience of working in small focussed work groups, and interfacing with a large multi-discipline team. Excellent communication skills.
- Broad understanding of all areas of game-play mechanics. With an in depth knowledge in at least one area of game-play. Experience of game prototyping and rapid iteration on creative ideas.
There will be advantage to candidates who can demonstrate:
- PlayStation platform development, PC or other console based development, or mobile/tablet applications and games.
- A successful shipped console title or mobile/tablet application gaining critical acclaim.
- C# language skills. Scripting language experience, such as LUA, Java-script.
- Familiarity with development software and tools, such as Microsoft Visual Studio, Perforce, SN-Debugger, Hansoft.
To apply or for further information about the role please contact Daniel on +44 (0) 1206214418 or mail a copy of your CV to email@example.com
RECOMMEND A FRIEND - Refer a friend to OPM and if we successfully place them in a new permanent role you will receive £300.
Daniel Fox | Senior Technical Consultant
OPM Response LTD | Ground Floor, Anderson House, 228 Old London Road, Marks Tey, Colchester, CO6 1HD
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214418 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Skype: daniel.fox.opm | LinkedIn: Click Here| Twitter: Click Here | Games Industry Programmers Click Here
Tel: +44 (0) 1206 214421
Fax: +44 (0) 1206 214429
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of OPM using their internal reference 2033.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|