European Product Manager, Hardware & Console, London
Games Jobs - Marketing - London
|Job Title||European Product Manager, Hardware & Console, London|
|Job Description||European Product Manager
OPM are working closely with a major UK Developer looking for a European Product Manager that will specialise in Hardware and Console. My client’s office is the central support organisation for over 100 countries in Europe, Africa, Middle East and Australasia. We market all hardware in the portfolio and are one of the market leaders in the publishing of software.
The European Product Marketing Department is responsible for assisting and directing each sales territory in their commercial activities. The marketing team consists of a number of hardworking but fun-loving professionals dedicated to the success of our business in each territory.
Management of Platform marketing projects across the portfolio of home consoles supporting the Senior Hardware Product Manager
Be the primary contact for marketing strategy and asset creation.
Across the hardware & platform portfolio there are a number of formats/products/initiative/specific projects which need management throughout the fiscal year. The Product Manager will be allocated a range of these and will be required to:
- Oversee all aspects related to their projects
- Formulate marketing plans, briefs and asset related to the project
- Be a key contact for territory marketing enquiries
- Management of project budget
- Present regular status information to Marketing Director and VP Product Marketing
- Take business ownership and be accountable for the product
Product marketing responsibility from Product Planning green light to beyond launch – consumer research, communications brief and strategy planning, consolidated marketing plan, above and below the line marketing activities, media planning, tracking KPIs, sales monitoring and analysis.
Development and management of project schedules.
Close working relationship with external marketing agencies and suppliers to ensure generation of marketing assets for local use: i.e. advertising materials, digital and social media assets production, media guidelines, PR materials, Events tool kit, etc.
Preparation and presentation of regular marketing overview, to include: Analysis of consumers trends impacting the specific platform/product, central marketing recommendations, feedback on territory planning, identifying problem areas, driving successful initiatives, etc.
Focus product responsibility
- Being up to date and aware of all activities on their focus format
- Key contact for and the regions
- Sign off and brand management responsibility (e.g. packaging, POS, digital assets, PR materials, etc)
- Conducting gamer research and identifying opportunities
- Ad hoc documentation and presentations
- Sales data, registration data, consumer profiles and insights, etc.
- Key contact for Markets on ad hoc product enquiries
- Liaise closely with 1st party and 3rd party Software Marketing teams, PR, Digital & Sponsorship Partners
- Monitoring competitor activity and category trends
- Identifying point of market entry strategies to create acquisition and deliver retention
- Prudent financial management of product budgets for each title including monthly status review:
- Manage own product budgets in line with Marketing Director
- Approval level in SAP for all expenditure
- Supplier PO provision
- Management of internal recharges
- Monthly status reporting to Marketing Director
- At various times in the year there is a need to produce materials which support internal, trade or customer meetings / exhibitions.
- Duties such as video editing, brochure creation and personal attendance at such events will be required
Ad Hoc Projects
- From time to time the PM will be required to complete or contribute toward the completion of various projects. These will always be related to platforms or services e.g. sales analysis, international research etc.
- Educated to ‘A’ Level & degree standard & marketing trained
- Brand / Product Manager Experience
- Proven skills in creative thinking. (i.e. led integrated communication campaigns across paid / owned / earned including creation of TV Copy and digital)
- Commercial outlook - pragmatic and reliable
- Strategic thinking and analytical in order to create KPI’s, track, analyse and create data driven recommendations
- Organised - prioritise and organise varied work schedule
- Team player - broad level of involvement across many marketing areas and many other functions
- Computer Literate - experience of major business applications e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Communicative - strong interpersonal skills are required in an international dept and matrix organisation where communication is key
- Confident to present to board members when required
- Interest in youth marketing and capable to understand gaming category (interest in gaming)
- Second European language skills are an advantage but not essential
- Flexible to travel in Europe and beyond
To apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Natalie Whiting |
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214415 |
Email: Natalie@opmjobs.com |
The salary bracket shown is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.
ome on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of OPM using their internal reference 3069.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|