Art Producer - High Quality Games Titles on Multiple Platforms - London
Games Jobs - Production - London
|Job Title||Art Producer - High Quality Games Titles on Multiple Platforms - London|
|Job Description||Job Title – Art Producer
Job Location – London
Job Type – Permanent
Job Salary – Negotiable dependent on experience
This London-based developer has an outstanding track record of producing quality games focusing on highly-stylised, realistic and detailed visuals with a dark and atmospheric art style. They are currently looking to hire an Art Producer to join their team:
You will be responsible for the resource, schedule and completion of visual and artistic elements in the game. You will be involved in all stages of the project, from initial concepts, to the completion of a finished product and in providing senior managerial support to the art teams.
Generate and manage the art schedule and team to ensure:
• The Art is completed on time
• The resources available are used effectively
• The schedule is achievable
Art Producer’s typical weekly work
• Engaging other members of the creative team (and keep them involved and motivated), to ensure that the Art for the game is well organised and completed on time. This is done by face-to-face meetings, feedback sessions, critique reviews, and general communication. This should make up 30-60% of the Art Producers time.
• Inspiring the team to follow meet their schedules such as holding regular art department meetings, arranging field trips. This should make up around 10-20% of the Art Producers time
• Support in making great quality artwork to support the artistic vision. This could include close mentoring new staff, to ensuring the art team are aware of new technical advances and use them successfully. This could make up 10-20% of the Art Producers time.
• Working closely with the Art Director much of the time.
• Create and maintain the Art Production documentation that will be required, and ensure dependencies for the wider team are met and clearly communicated.
• Point-person for any Art Production queries.
• Hitting Milestones and Targets: The Art Producer must consider the ramifications of their feedback with regards to the schedule and work closely with the Art Director to ensure the schedule is achievable.
• Art team weekly meetings: Is responsible for running the regular weekly art team meetings and publishing minutes from these meetings to the team, along with raising any issues with the line manager.
• Performance Appraisals: Is responsible for writing up the performance appraisal summary for each of the team members along with running the review with Senior Producer. The senior Producer and Directors will review and moderate the appraisal summary before the formal review.
• Discipline: Responsible for making sure the correct levels of attainment and attitude are maintained by the art team at all times. The management will make every effort to make sure that Art producer is empowered to be able to do this.
• Risk analysis: Identifying areas of risk to the Production team as early as possible so these areas can be addressed before they impact the project.
• Recruitment: Interviewing potential members of staff and selecting the best candidate for each position.
• Planning: Combining both creative and technical knowledge with pragmatic scheduling to produce a realistic and obtainable art plan of action.
• Meetings, Documentation and Communication: All meetings and decisions need to be documented and distributed to all members of the art team and all disciplines where applicable. Also responsible for making sure meetings happen and the correct people are involved.
• Management of requests from other disciplines: Collate all requests from other disciplines and where possible work these into the schedule with the Producer.
Top 5 things to do as an Art Producer:
• Find out what the team want from an Art Producer, and work with them to refine the role. Produce a short document which refines this job description.
• Design, plan and communicate how the art production will be realised and reviewed. Document and implement this plan. Include what the working methods will be by working with the senior producers. Work with the team to generate a great way of working.
• Create an exciting way to communicate the art production to the team and publisher. Document this approach for the Management Team to review.
• Review the success of these steps and construct a plan for the future.
Notes to add
• Anything related to working with outsource.
• Comment on managing a range of departments that are thought to be linked (e.g. concept/characters).
• Comment that the production covers day to day management with the team and lead, through to long term management from concept to finale phase.
The company firmly believes in their staff and offers a great working atmosphere. Conveniently located to public transport links, the studio is set in a specially converted former factory offering open-plan, custom-built facilities including the latest cutting-edge technology.
Salary for this position is negotiable dependent on experience and comes alongside a good benefits package.
To apply for this position, please send your CV my attention to <a href=mailto:email@example.com>firstname.lastname@example.org</a> or contact me via the details below:
Nadja Lindacher | Senior Development Management Consultant OPM Response Ltd Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214422 | Email: <a href=mailto:Nadja@opmjobs.com>Nadja@opmjobs.com</a> | Skype: nadja.lindacher.opm LinkedIn: <a href=http://uk.linkedin.com/in/nadjalindacheropm>http://uk.linkedin.com/in/nadjalindacheropm</a> Twitter: NadjaLindacher
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of OPM using their internal reference 1977.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|