Head of Games / Portfolio Manager Ireland
|Job Title||Head of Games / Portfolio Manager Ireland|
|Job Description||Job Title: Head of Games
Location: Dublin Ireland
MMO / Free2Play Games
OPM are pleased to be working with this publisher of award-winning Free-to-Play online games. Based in Dublin their European headquarters is a dynamic fast-paced workplace where you will be both challenged and rewarded. If you are talented driven and a team player this company wants to hear from you!
As the Head of Games you will:
• Ensure that the development of all game projects occurs in a timely manner and within budget while meeting quality standards
• Create a culture where individuals take ownership responsibility and accountability for their tasks
• Optimize project management communication and reporting processes and implement a solid project-management reporting structure
• Manage a team of internal producers
• Plan and Coordinate projects which affect several products
• Identify efficiency improvement areas internally and externally (at the development studio level)
• Contribute to building a positive environment and work attitude
• Will take a long-term view towards product life cycles with an eye towards innovation expansion localization product line extensions and user retention
• Be responsible for making high level decisions to ensure the project meets the quality budgetary and scheduling goals of the company
• Ensure that projects maintain creative and technical objectives and are aligned with consumer demand
• Use mature problem-solving skills to make recommendations and decisions that have a positive impact
• Establish senior-level relationships with other internal departments and third party partners/developers
• Review and approval of monthly event/sales plan and strategy for upcoming expansions and game releases
• Manage relations with Developers
• Acts as Point of escalation if Producer runs into unresolvable issues (internal or external)
• Provide motivation and direction to ensure that project goals objectives milestones and deliverables are achieved on time and under budget.
• Must have Free-to-Play MMORPG Publishing experience at Senior/Executive Producer/Project Manager level for both client and web based MMORPG's
• Must have extensive knowledge of all aspects of game publishing (management planning scheduling budgeting staffing monetization Localization Customer Support Quality Assurance Community Management)
• Must have 5 or more years management experience with exceptional on time and profitability history
• Must have proven leadership skills to lead a team to execute on product development including managing and mentoring direct reports
• Must have a strong grasp of the Online MMO / F2P sector
• Must have excellent listening and communication skills coupled with the ability to communicate team and project goals in a clear concise manner
• Must be capable of identifying risks takes appropriate steps to resolve difficulties including changes to work methods technologies and project schedules
• Must have ability to exercise strong judgment in analyzing appraising evaluating and solving problems of a difficult procedural organizational administrative or technical nature
• Must be highly organized professional and efficient with outstanding attention to detail
• Must have scheduling and budgeting experience
• Should be an analytical person with an economics or similar relevant background
• Should have the ability to balance the requirements of individual products against the interest of the entire portfolio is a must.
• Should have a firm working knowledge of the Free-To-Play business model and micro-transactions
• Must have the ability to develop communicate and get buy-in on a strong product vision
• Must have credit on two or more successfully launched titles in the role of Senior/Executive Producer/Project Manager level
• Should have experience in or exposure to the online marketing / advertising of client and web based MMORPG's
• Should be a proficient user of new online media applications such as blogs SNS and other social media applications
• Should have excellent people management and stakeholder management skills
• Should be a positive responsible team player constructively critical with a proven ability to motivate others
• Experience in the area of software or web-development is a plus as well as it allows the candidate to provide sanity checks on delivery dates provided by external developers.
• Experience with Asian developers is a plus.
• French or German speaking is a plus due to the importance of those territories in addition to the corresponding knowledge about those countries.
This is a permanent full-time position and the company offers a good salary including a bonus system Private Health & Dental insurance along with other attractive incentives.
To apply for this position please send your CV my attention to email@example.com or contact me via the details below:
Nadja Lindacher | Senior Development Management Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214422 |
Email: Nadja@opmjobs.com |
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of OPM using their internal reference 17863.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|