||Location – France
Job Type – Contract Fixed Term
Platform – PS3
Salary – Great day rate available DOE
Engine Optimisation Programmer
The successful candidate will work within a collaborative environment implementing game and engine features as required by the project’s Lead Programmer.
- Significant PS3 engine programming experience on at least 1 published game and at least 3 - 5 years commercial game development experience.
- Experience of refactoring game systems from PPU to SPU.
- Experience using PS3 profiling tools such as Tuner.
- Experience of optimising CPU and memory use of existing code.
- Excellent C++ programming skills, with good knowledge of object oriented development.
- Able to work with unfamiliar code to extend, optimise and refactor the functionality of existing modules.
- Experience developing engine-level code for PS3 or Xbox360.
- Experience developing safe multi-threaded code.
- Passionate about playing and making games.
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience of cross-platform development.
- Experience with VMX/AltiVec intrinsics.
- Knowledge of Xbox360 engine programming.
- Experience using PIX on Xbox360.
- Experience with PS3 graphics profiling tools such as GPAD.
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organising and planning their own work.
- Implement code that is modular, self-contained and defensive, and observes the technical constraints of the platform.
- Optimise their own and others code and data for memory and performance, as required.
- Implement practical and timely solutions that meet the game design and technical requirements.
To apply please forward over your CV to <a href=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>email@example.com</a>