Producer - Motion Capture Department East Anglia
|Job Title||Producer - Motion Capture Department East Anglia|
|Job Description||Job Title – Producer – Motion Capture
Job Location – Cambridge
Job Type – Permanent
Job Salary – Negotiable dependent on experience
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Producer to join successful games developer in this Production position.
Role purpose and primary objective:
* Be responsible for and manage task schedules and trackers for the discipline area allocated and support overall production.
* Focus on establishing standardising and implementing procedures to organise the discipline area allocated to allow for high quality & innovative work.
* Alongside the Team Lead identify and implement procedures to strengthen streamline and ensure integration of team communication and work-flow processes.
* Actively seek solutions to accommodate change within team as needed understand and minimise impact of change particularly with respect to other disciplines.
* Take a lead in communicating the vision of the game maintaining quality and encouraging a culture of innovation within the team as well as establishing strong relationships both internally & externally.
• Work with the team Lead to ensure the team is properly supported with a suitable schedule. Balance task priority with resource availability in order to consistently deliver the team deliverables on time to budget and to quality. Actively manage key dependencies to/from the team and unblock deadlocks between different disciplines working with the appropriate lead to find alternative resources or help determine the impact to the schedule
• Maintain a suitable sign-off tracker for the team deliverables and use the sign-off tracker to support the Change Control process as appropriate. Identify and manage risk areas with a focus on but not limited to the discipline area allocated providing an analysis of progress to the rest of the production team. Ensure the team deliverables are fully supported by adequate release notes for each milestone.
• Provide a written weekly report of progress within the discipline area allocated and ensure the team is fully apprised of relevant information through effective communication.
• Conduct regular catch-up meetings with the Team Lead.
• Promote and support implementation of best practice development process for the team and troubleshoot and resolve any workflow related situations/problems.
• Ensure overall decisions scheduling and direction of the discipline area allocated remain in-line with the long-term vision of the company.
• Establish and maintain own personal development as a manager ensuring management skills are up-to-date and effective.
In this role you will not have creative control this is more of a management focused role where an understanding of discipline area processes as well as production processes are required.
As the producer role is likely to be working within a specific discipline area long-term it is expected that they will develop in-depth understanding of this area. However production skills should be sufficiently transferable to allow work within numerous disciplines as required by the project.
Knowledge and Skills required
• Strong understanding of requirements of Producer role demonstrated by at least two years in a similar role and having worked on at least 1 completed AAA project.
• Excellent verbal written and interpersonal communication skills with all personnel and external suppliers gaining both authority and credibility.
• Strong organisational and project management skills including scheduling budgeting and keeping projects on track with a demonstrable understanding of how to manage across disciplines with differing aims and set deadlines.
• Self motivated and proactive in seeking out answers and preventing issues combined with the ability to take direction and work in a team.
• Willingness to travel for extended periods.
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills flexible and adaptable - including the willingness to complete low level as well as high level tasks ability to find solutions that will facilitate creative improvements with minimal impact on resource and time restraints.
• Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment yet maintaining a excellent attention to detail and strong documentation skills.
• MS Project Excel and Word skills.
• Strong understanding of software lifecycle and release management methodologies.
• Should also be punctual articulate meticulous numerate & approachable.
• Finally to work as a positive collaborative passionate enthusiastic ambitious and contributing team member with a real desire to be part of the team. The continued harmony of team work is paramount at the studio.
• Experience working on motion capture shoots.
• Experience working with external suppliers and building strong relationships.
The salary is negotiable on experience and the company offers a good benefits package alongside the base salary including holiday 23 days per annum (rising 1 day a year for each year of service to a maximum of 33 days) specified contribution towards any gym membership participation in childcare voucher scheme free fruit contributory pension scheme bonus scheme private healthcare & participation in Cycle Scheme & Computer Scheme.
For further details please send your Word CV for my attention to email@example.com or contact me via the details below:
Nadja Lindacher | Senior Development Management Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214422 |
Email: Nadja@opmjobs.com |
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of OPM using their internal reference 18189.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|