Audio Lead-East Anglia-Games
|Job Title||Audio Lead-East Anglia-Games|
|Job Category||Sound / Music|
|Skills Required||Sound / Music|
|Job Description||Location: Cambridge
Salary: £Negotiable DOE
Job Type: Permanent
OPM are delighted to be working with this AAA developer in East Anglia. We are seeking an experienced Audio Lead to join their established team.
As the Audio Lead you will be able to demonstrate excellent creative visual and technical skills in the end to end creation of game audio that benefits from a high quality finish whilst meeting schedule and technical specifications.
Responsible for working with other Leads & the senior management team to ensure the overall Audio output of the studio (as well as the production tasks needed to achieve this) are met. Specific focus should be given to ensuring the Audio/sound demands are met on time and to schedule without sacrificing the high quality ethos of the studio. A strategic approach to priorities and overall work of the team is essential as well as responsibility for working with and management of external composers Foley artists and other outsourced audio providers.
Create sound effects for any and every game scenario using middleware and proprietary tools for implementation of SoundFX VO & music. Design library sounds for general use in sound design and edit music and prepare it for use in interactive music systems. Create placeholder and representative audio assets during every phase of development to help with the feel of the game. Apply sound to picture for both gameplay and cinematics. Directing VO sessions as required.
Create and maintain an environment within the Audio team that encourages focus and efficiency as well as inspires and motivates.
Demonstrate a mature understanding and awareness of schedules – both within the Audio team and the studio as a whole. Liaise effectively with Production ensuring a workable balance between creative demands and commercial/business requirements. Show flexibility and adaptability in relation to publisher/production/business requirements whilst remaining a positive champion of the Audio vision. Liaise and manage outsource audio providers (composers foley artists VO studios Actors etc) representing Ninja Theory in a professional and knowledgeable manner at all times.
Build and maintain a strong and talented team through effective recruitment development and personnel management
Communicate closely with the Creative Director (and others as appropriate) to establish the aesthetic and technical standards for Audio on the project as well as address all issues related to the creation of Audio in order to deliver an efficient and stable pipeline.
Knowledge and Skills required
• Demonstrable understanding of game development –with published titles that demonstrate excellence in Audio.
• Creative flair and talent in sound – someone who will inspire us with their work.
• Experience working on a variety of console titles
• Experience creating soundfx using custom recordings and library material to generate highly original audio
• Experience using audio middleware and custom built audio implementation solutions
• High level of ability and familiarity with DAWs such as Pro Tools Vegas plugins such as Waves etc
• Solid people leadership experience – either as a Lead or in a role that requires strong supervision/mentoring of others as well as inspiring motivation and enthusiasm.
• Able to communicate effectively with cross discipline Leads with a sound understanding of their high level pipeline and schedule impacts.
• Team player who enjoys discussing audio issues with the rest of the company
• Avid gamer and audio enthusiast
• Passion and ability to work as a positive collaborative enthusiastic ambitious and contributing team member with a real desire to be part of the team.
• Experience of managing a team of Sound Designers
• Extensive knowledge of major console systems.
• Knowledge of recording techniques microphone placement foley sound creation and on location recording
• Ability with scripting/simple coding
• Composition ability – Nb this is not a composer position but the job will entail music editing so musical knowledge is important.
To apply please send a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Natalie Whiting |
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214415 |
Email: Natalie@opmjobs.com |
The salary bracket shown is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of OPM using their internal reference 18224.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|