Outsource Manager Console Games - Prague
|Job Title||Outsource Manager Console Games - Prague|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|Skills Required||Art / Animation|
|Job Description||This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced outsourcing manager to work with a globally recognised developer in setting up and managing the art outsourcing for an AAA title. The existing team are friendly and enthusiastic so personality is an important factor. You will be working on a yet to be announced project judging by the studio's track record this will be an opportunity to add a genuine AAA product to your portfolio.
• Set up long term workflows pipelines and tools that allow for efficient flexible and timely delivery of high quality assets.
• Work with tools programmers IT staff software vendors etc. to automate processes where appropriate.
• Determine the best external partners and work with the internal business team to manage those relationships.
• Organise collating and delivery of internal feedback on delivered assets as part of a sign off process.
• Work proactively to manage the logistical side of complex projects with multiple dependencies.
• Maintain healthy relationships with outsourcing partners and work with them to implement the studio’s high standards (technical and aesthetical) efficiently.
• Work with the Senior Producers and Studio Head to balance costs time and quality while maintaining the studios incredibly high standards.
• Pro-actively identify and resolve risks.
• Work with the Leads and Directors to create and assess the asset briefs required to ensure the quality of assets for the final product.
• Ability to work with Art Director on calculating and scoping art requirements.
• Knowledge of the current outsourcing market and its vital role in the game development industry
• Reporting to the Head of Production
• Experience with mainstream 3D software packages such as Max is a must (Maya and Softimage is a plus)
• Excellent communication time-management and organisational skills
• Must be able to brief and feedback on received assets before going to the internal team
• Must possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills in order to effectively delegate tasks and motivate external teams
• Solid understanding of game development processes limitations dependencies and trends
• Task driven self-motivated and proactive
• Works well under deadline pressure
• Experience of Outsource Managing especially with Asian companies
• Solid understanding of Current/Next Gen pipelines for asset/level creation
• Ability to train and brief internal teams on requirements and processes
• Good eye for visual detail and ability to feedback concisely on work received
• Must have worked to coordinate all outsourced materials on multiple console titles. This should have included art animation audio and written assets
• Superb external and internal communication skills (verbal and written)
• Receptive to working in collaboration with managers from external companies along with other game team leads
• Experience in an Art Director or Lead Artist role a strong plus
• Good knowledge and understanding of asset budgets is preferred
• Ability to negotiate contracts and rates and work for hire plans on multiple projects is a big asset
• Familiarity with multiple asset tracking tools and systems is an advantage
The studio offers:
• A top secret unannounced & super-interesting project
• Competitive compensation package
• Opportunity to live & work in Prague!
• Help with relocation for employees coming from abroad
• Challenging job in an international environment
• Possibility to grow and further develop your skills
• Friendly and informal working atmosphere
• Modern offices nearby city center with easy access to public transportation
• Consoles and games library available to borrow
• Meal vouchers
Salary commensurate with experience to be discussed at interview.
To apply for this position please send your CV for my attention to email@example.com or contact me via the details below:
Nadja Lindacher | Senior Development Management Consultant
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214422 |
Email: Nadja@opmjobs.com |
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of OPM using their internal reference 17129.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|